Sutton celebrates 80th music festival at Overton Grange School
Sutton’s 80th music festival came to a close at Overton Grange School with a gala prize-giving event.
The 2013 Sutton Music Festival ended on Sunday, December 1, at Overton Grange School. Sixty trophies and prizes were presented by the festival’s president, the Mayor of Sutton, Councillor Sean Brennan.
Oscar and Reuben Grout play Mouse Melody
The festival takes place over three weekends throughout November and includes singing, instrumental, piano playing, speech and drama.
Coun Brennan said the quality of performances was ‘outstanding’ and added: “It is good to know that after 80 years the festival is still going strong.
"I know how much people enjoy this festival and look forward to it reaching its 100th birthday.”
- Seven out of 10 happy with care at St Helier
- Kind-hearted Carshalton man's Easter egg giveaway triggers random acts of kindness all over the UK
- Snapper donates picture to St Helier Hospital after the original was stolen from a ward wall
- Avoid becoming an 'A&Easter'
- Businesses raise charity money with Great British Bake Off
Comments are closed on this article.