Sutton celebrates 80th music festival at Overton Grange School
Sutton’s 80th music festival came to a close at Overton Grange School with a gala prize-giving event.
The 2013 Sutton Music Festival ended on Sunday, December 1, at Overton Grange School. Sixty trophies and prizes were presented by the festival’s president, the Mayor of Sutton, Councillor Sean Brennan.
Oscar and Reuben Grout play Mouse Melody
The festival takes place over three weekends throughout November and includes singing, instrumental, piano playing, speech and drama.
Coun Brennan said the quality of performances was ‘outstanding’ and added: “It is good to know that after 80 years the festival is still going strong.
"I know how much people enjoy this festival and look forward to it reaching its 100th birthday.”
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- Thicket Road bin fire latest in a spate said firefighters
- Thomas Cook in Wallington robbed at knifepoint for second time since August
- Health bosses refuse to support mental health trust's foundation trust application
- Carshalton teens get MP's backing for campaign to lower voting age
Comments are closed on this article.