Traveller prevention measures to be installed in Roundshaw
Travellers will be prevented from setting up illegal camps on a beauty spot by 1.5m high mounds of earth.
A 1.5m high soil bund is being installed around Roundshaw Park after repeated traveller incursions over the summer.
Sutton Council has started building the measure and hopes to have it finished before Christmas, depending on the weather.
Bunds have already been installed in other parks in the borough including Beddington Park in response to repeated traveller invasions.
- Police probe 'head butt' on Carshalton footballer
- Protesters campaign for link road to get HGVs off Gander Green Lane
- Fraud officers arrive at suspect's house find cannabis factory
- Notorious North Cheam eyesore finally set for demolition
- Stranded pensioner fell and could not reach her panic button
Comments are closed on this article.