Traveller prevention measures to be installed in Roundshaw
Travellers will be prevented from setting up illegal camps on a beauty spot by 1.5m high mounds of earth.
A 1.5m high soil bund is being installed around Roundshaw Park after repeated traveller incursions over the summer.
Sutton Council has started building the measure and hopes to have it finished before Christmas, depending on the weather.
Bunds have already been installed in other parks in the borough including Beddington Park in response to repeated traveller invasions.
- Carshalton and Wallington MP hails British Heart Foundation volunteers
- Tell Sutton Council what you think about advice and information services
- Spate of fires in Sutton 'started deliberately'
- Send us your pictures of sunny London and Surrey as warm weather finally arrives
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
Comments are closed on this article.