Grandmother-of-thirteen republishes book she wrote for her children 40 years ago
A grandmother-of-thirteen has updated and republished a book she wrote over 40 years ago for her children.
Elaine Bastable, 79, launched her book, Recipes and Rhymes, at Devonshire Primary School on Friday, which she originally wrote in 1975.
Mrs Bastable paid a visit to Devonshire Primary School
The book features recipes inspired by nursery rhymes and poems, each of which are illustrated by Margaret Gordon who is best known for her drawings of the Wombles.
Mrs Bastable said: “It is surprising how often food crops up in children’s verse.
“The first time round I had great fun imagining what sort of pie Simple Simon might have bought on his way to the fair, and inventing the cake that the quaker’s wife got up to bake.”
The book is available on Amazon for £12.99, from Waterstones in Sutton for £9.99, and Dragonfly in Cheam Village.
- Snapper donates picture to St Helier Hospital after the original was stolen from a ward wall
- Avoid becoming an 'A&Easter'
- Businesses raise charity money with Great British Bake Off
- Teenager from Sutton named Young Person of the Year for helping youngsters cope with issues
- Drama as police stop traffic in Carshalton to rescue a family - of ducks.
Comments are closed on this article.