Grandmother-of-thirteen republishes book she wrote for her children 40 years ago
A grandmother-of-thirteen has updated and republished a book she wrote over 40 years ago for her children.
Elaine Bastable, 79, launched her book, Recipes and Rhymes, at Devonshire Primary School on Friday, which she originally wrote in 1975.
Mrs Bastable paid a visit to Devonshire Primary School
The book features recipes inspired by nursery rhymes and poems, each of which are illustrated by Margaret Gordon who is best known for her drawings of the Wombles.
Mrs Bastable said: “It is surprising how often food crops up in children’s verse.
“The first time round I had great fun imagining what sort of pie Simple Simon might have bought on his way to the fair, and inventing the cake that the quaker’s wife got up to bake.”
The book is available on Amazon for £12.99, from Waterstones in Sutton for £9.99, and Dragonfly in Cheam Village.
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- Thicket Road bin fire latest in a spate said firefighters
- Thomas Cook in Wallington robbed at knifepoint for second time since August
- Health bosses refuse to support mental health trust's foundation trust application
- Carshalton teens get MP's backing for campaign to lower voting age
Comments are closed on this article.