Sutton police uncover Roundshaw cannabis factory
A cannabis factory was uncovered in a house on the Roundshaw estate yesterday evening.
Officers found 140 cannabis plants during a raid on a house in Olley Close at 7pm.
The home featured a sophisticated lighting, watering and ventilation system but there was no 140 pone at the address.
Sutton police are now appealing for anyone with information about the factory to come forward.
Sergeant Paul Cole, of the Beddington South safer neighbourhoods team, said: "Drug related crime will not be tolerated in our communities and we urge the public to remain vigilant and to report any suspicious activities to the police. We will respond quickly."
"It’s really important for local residents to contact police if they believe any properties in their area are being used for drugs related purposes - so we can take action and put a stop to it."
People are warned to look out for houses with permanently closed curtains, regular deliveries of plants and fertiliser, comings and goings at unusual ours and sweet smells emanating from them.
Anyone with information can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Thomas Cook in Wallington robbed at knifepoint for second time since August
- Health bosses refuse to support mental health trust's foundation trust application
- Carshalton teens get MP's backing for campaign to lower voting age
- Police called in to resolve bus fare dispute
- New Thameslink train displayed at Sutton Station
Comments are closed on this article.