Woman attacks car with crow bar in Sutton road rage attack

Sutton Guardian: Woman attacks car with crow bar in Sutton road rage attack Woman attacks car with crow bar in Sutton road rage attack

A woman driver used a crowbar to smash another woman's car in an apparent road rage incident in central Sutton on Saturday.

An eyewitness described the shocking scene as the attacker stopped her car in Brighton Road near Tesco Express and got out to shout abuse at the woman in the car behind before pulling a crow bar from her boot and attacking the car at around 11am.

The attacker then took the woman's car keys before fleeing the scene.

An eyewitness said: "The woman slammed to a halt, leaped out of her car and started to scream at the woman driver of the car behind. She ran to her door and yanked it open still screaming like the devil. She then retreated back to the boot of her car and produced a crow bar, returned to the vehicle behind her and started to attack the car still screaming at the top of her voice.

"By the time I made it there as I was walking down from the Spaghetti Tree the assailant was back in her car and screamed off."

Police were called and were able to retrieve the victim's car keys from the attacker however the victim has decided not to press charges against the attacker no further action will be taken.

Comments (17)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:29pm Mon 16 Dec 13

Hove Ex-Pat says...

"No further action will be taken"? If the "victim" does not want to take action, the police still should. The attacker, witnessed by others, wielded a crowbar as an offensive weapon, in a public place. That is an offence, & should be investigated & dealt with. Also there looks like there are driving offences disclosed there too.
"No further action will be taken"? If the "victim" does not want to take action, the police still should. The attacker, witnessed by others, wielded a crowbar as an offensive weapon, in a public place. That is an offence, & should be investigated & dealt with. Also there looks like there are driving offences disclosed there too. Hove Ex-Pat

1:39pm Mon 16 Dec 13

Michael Pantlin says...

By not pressing charges is the woman in the car behind acknowledging they she sparked of this spat? If so the police should give them both smacked bottoms.
By not pressing charges is the woman in the car behind acknowledging they she sparked of this spat? If so the police should give them both smacked bottoms. Michael Pantlin

1:53pm Mon 16 Dec 13

Michael Pantlin says...

Large black bird walks in to pub and asks for a pint of bitter. Sorry says landlord, I can't serve you because this is not a crowbar.
Large black bird walks in to pub and asks for a pint of bitter. Sorry says landlord, I can't serve you because this is not a crowbar. Michael Pantlin

2:16pm Mon 16 Dec 13

Hove Ex-Pat says...

Michael Pantlin wrote:
By not pressing charges is the woman in the car behind acknowledging they she sparked of this spat? If so the police should give them both smacked bottoms.
Spanking in Sutton? Oh I say, I didn't think that sort of thing still went on in the Borough, more a Croydon sort of thing.
[quote][p][bold]Michael Pantlin[/bold] wrote: By not pressing charges is the woman in the car behind acknowledging they she sparked of this spat? If so the police should give them both smacked bottoms.[/p][/quote]Spanking in Sutton? Oh I say, I didn't think that sort of thing still went on in the Borough, more a Croydon sort of thing. Hove Ex-Pat

2:34pm Mon 16 Dec 13

emelem says...

my *guess* is they know each other or at least of each other and have had confrontations in the past and now the attacked lady is in fear for her future safety, so isn't pressing charges, making crowbar "lady" more angry...just a guess, tho...
my *guess* is they know each other or at least of each other and have had confrontations in the past and now the attacked lady is in fear for her future safety, so isn't pressing charges, making crowbar "lady" more angry...just a guess, tho... emelem

6:59pm Mon 16 Dec 13

SuttonResident33 says...

"Still screaming like the devil" Can anybody tell me what this sounds like as I've never seen a devil scream before?
"Still screaming like the devil" Can anybody tell me what this sounds like as I've never seen a devil scream before? SuttonResident33

8:20am Tue 17 Dec 13

emelem says...

yeah, i always thought the devil would be cool, calm and collected ;)
yeah, i always thought the devil would be cool, calm and collected ;) emelem

9:15am Tue 17 Dec 13

PeterM says...

emelem wrote:
my *guess* is they know each other or at least of each other and have had confrontations in the past and now the attacked lady is in fear for her future safety, so isn't pressing charges, making crowbar "lady" more angry...just a guess, tho...
I wouldn't necessarily say that this is the case.

By pressing charges the victim gives the attacker their name and address and possibly opens up further anonymous attacks, e.g. bricks through windows, slashed tyres etc etc. (I'm not saying that this would happen, but if she has been attacked in the street for no reason, the victim may be fearful of reprisal attacks).

The woman with the crowbar, and her vehicle, will now be on the Police National Computer so if she, or rather her car, triggers off an ANPR this will alert the Police and she could end up getting randomnly stopped.
[quote][p][bold]emelem[/bold] wrote: my *guess* is they know each other or at least of each other and have had confrontations in the past and now the attacked lady is in fear for her future safety, so isn't pressing charges, making crowbar "lady" more angry...just a guess, tho...[/p][/quote]I wouldn't necessarily say that this is the case. By pressing charges the victim gives the attacker their name and address and possibly opens up further anonymous attacks, e.g. bricks through windows, slashed tyres etc etc. (I'm not saying that this would happen, but if she has been attacked in the street for no reason, the victim may be fearful of reprisal attacks). The woman with the crowbar, and her vehicle, will now be on the Police National Computer so if she, or rather her car, triggers off an ANPR this will alert the Police and she could end up getting randomnly stopped. PeterM

9:28am Tue 17 Dec 13

emelem says...

"By pressing charges the victim gives the attacker their name and address" -

really??!! that doesn't sound right at all! what business is it of the attacker where the victim lives?? wow! i have been attacked (in good ole sutton) and pressed charges but i'm pretty sure the attacker never found out where i live. at least i hope not! i wasn't told they would get my info...

"possibly opens up further anonymous attacks, e.g. bricks through windows, slashed tyres etc etc." -

yeah, it was just a guess/pondering on whether or not they had previous encounters but more than likely she didn't press charges because of what we both said. fear of future revenge~ shame that, crazy crowbar wielder should *not* be allowed to get away with this.
"By pressing charges the victim gives the attacker their name and address" - really??!! that doesn't sound right at all! what business is it of the attacker where the victim lives?? wow! i have been attacked (in good ole sutton) and pressed charges but i'm pretty sure the attacker never found out where i live. at least i hope not! i wasn't told they would get my info... "possibly opens up further anonymous attacks, e.g. bricks through windows, slashed tyres etc etc." - yeah, it was just a guess/pondering on whether or not they had previous encounters but more than likely she didn't press charges because of what we both said. fear of future revenge~ shame that, crazy crowbar wielder should *not* be allowed to get away with this. emelem

10:28am Tue 17 Dec 13

PeterM says...

emelem wrote:
"By pressing charges the victim gives the attacker their name and address" -

really??!! that doesn't sound right at all! what business is it of the attacker where the victim lives?? wow! i have been attacked (in good ole sutton) and pressed charges but i'm pretty sure the attacker never found out where i live. at least i hope not! i wasn't told they would get my info...

"possibly opens up further anonymous attacks, e.g. bricks through windows, slashed tyres etc etc." -

yeah, it was just a guess/pondering on whether or not they had previous encounters but more than likely she didn't press charges because of what we both said. fear of future revenge~ shame that, crazy crowbar wielder should *not* be allowed to get away with this.
If the attackers chooses to go to court, rather than accept a Police Caution, the victim's name and address will be read out in Court, either from a written statement read out by a Police Officer should the victim not attend, or by the Court just before the victim takes the stand. "Can you confirm that you are Mrs Freda Smith of 15 Acacia Avenue, Sutton?".
[quote][p][bold]emelem[/bold] wrote: "By pressing charges the victim gives the attacker their name and address" - really??!! that doesn't sound right at all! what business is it of the attacker where the victim lives?? wow! i have been attacked (in good ole sutton) and pressed charges but i'm pretty sure the attacker never found out where i live. at least i hope not! i wasn't told they would get my info... "possibly opens up further anonymous attacks, e.g. bricks through windows, slashed tyres etc etc." - yeah, it was just a guess/pondering on whether or not they had previous encounters but more than likely she didn't press charges because of what we both said. fear of future revenge~ shame that, crazy crowbar wielder should *not* be allowed to get away with this.[/p][/quote]If the attackers chooses to go to court, rather than accept a Police Caution, the victim's name and address will be read out in Court, either from a written statement read out by a Police Officer should the victim not attend, or by the Court just before the victim takes the stand. "Can you confirm that you are Mrs Freda Smith of 15 Acacia Avenue, Sutton?". PeterM

10:42am Tue 17 Dec 13

emelem says...

ohh, ok...my case didn't go as far as court, thankfully!
ohh, ok...my case didn't go as far as court, thankfully! emelem

1:25pm Tue 17 Dec 13

AlexTB says...

PeterM wrote:
emelem wrote:
"By pressing charges the victim gives the attacker their name and address" -

really??!! that doesn't sound right at all! what business is it of the attacker where the victim lives?? wow! i have been attacked (in good ole sutton) and pressed charges but i'm pretty sure the attacker never found out where i live. at least i hope not! i wasn't told they would get my info...

"possibly opens up further anonymous attacks, e.g. bricks through windows, slashed tyres etc etc." -

yeah, it was just a guess/pondering on whether or not they had previous encounters but more than likely she didn't press charges because of what we both said. fear of future revenge~ shame that, crazy crowbar wielder should *not* be allowed to get away with this.
If the attackers chooses to go to court, rather than accept a Police Caution, the victim's name and address will be read out in Court, either from a written statement read out by a Police Officer should the victim not attend, or by the Court just before the victim takes the stand. "Can you confirm that you are Mrs Freda Smith of 15 Acacia Avenue, Sutton?".
Actually your address is NOT read out in Court. I have made statements for Court and I have specifically been told (by Police) this does not happen.

Plus they would not give the address for safety issues.
[quote][p][bold]PeterM[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emelem[/bold] wrote: "By pressing charges the victim gives the attacker their name and address" - really??!! that doesn't sound right at all! what business is it of the attacker where the victim lives?? wow! i have been attacked (in good ole sutton) and pressed charges but i'm pretty sure the attacker never found out where i live. at least i hope not! i wasn't told they would get my info... "possibly opens up further anonymous attacks, e.g. bricks through windows, slashed tyres etc etc." - yeah, it was just a guess/pondering on whether or not they had previous encounters but more than likely she didn't press charges because of what we both said. fear of future revenge~ shame that, crazy crowbar wielder should *not* be allowed to get away with this.[/p][/quote]If the attackers chooses to go to court, rather than accept a Police Caution, the victim's name and address will be read out in Court, either from a written statement read out by a Police Officer should the victim not attend, or by the Court just before the victim takes the stand. "Can you confirm that you are Mrs Freda Smith of 15 Acacia Avenue, Sutton?".[/p][/quote]Actually your address is NOT read out in Court. I have made statements for Court and I have specifically been told (by Police) this does not happen. Plus they would not give the address for safety issues. AlexTB

1:55pm Tue 17 Dec 13

PeterM says...

AlexTB wrote:
PeterM wrote:
emelem wrote:
"By pressing charges the victim gives the attacker their name and address" -

really??!! that doesn't sound right at all! what business is it of the attacker where the victim lives?? wow! i have been attacked (in good ole sutton) and pressed charges but i'm pretty sure the attacker never found out where i live. at least i hope not! i wasn't told they would get my info...

"possibly opens up further anonymous attacks, e.g. bricks through windows, slashed tyres etc etc." -

yeah, it was just a guess/pondering on whether or not they had previous encounters but more than likely she didn't press charges because of what we both said. fear of future revenge~ shame that, crazy crowbar wielder should *not* be allowed to get away with this.
If the attackers chooses to go to court, rather than accept a Police Caution, the victim's name and address will be read out in Court, either from a written statement read out by a Police Officer should the victim not attend, or by the Court just before the victim takes the stand. "Can you confirm that you are Mrs Freda Smith of 15 Acacia Avenue, Sutton?".
Actually your address is NOT read out in Court. I have made statements for Court and I have specifically been told (by Police) this does not happen.

Plus they would not give the address for safety issues.
I find that rather hard to believe because when I have appeared in court, as a prosecution witness, I have had my name and address read out each time.

I then sat in the Public Gallery after I had 'done my bit' and all subsequent witnesses, including the victim had their names and addresses read out.
[quote][p][bold]AlexTB[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PeterM[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emelem[/bold] wrote: "By pressing charges the victim gives the attacker their name and address" - really??!! that doesn't sound right at all! what business is it of the attacker where the victim lives?? wow! i have been attacked (in good ole sutton) and pressed charges but i'm pretty sure the attacker never found out where i live. at least i hope not! i wasn't told they would get my info... "possibly opens up further anonymous attacks, e.g. bricks through windows, slashed tyres etc etc." - yeah, it was just a guess/pondering on whether or not they had previous encounters but more than likely she didn't press charges because of what we both said. fear of future revenge~ shame that, crazy crowbar wielder should *not* be allowed to get away with this.[/p][/quote]If the attackers chooses to go to court, rather than accept a Police Caution, the victim's name and address will be read out in Court, either from a written statement read out by a Police Officer should the victim not attend, or by the Court just before the victim takes the stand. "Can you confirm that you are Mrs Freda Smith of 15 Acacia Avenue, Sutton?".[/p][/quote]Actually your address is NOT read out in Court. I have made statements for Court and I have specifically been told (by Police) this does not happen. Plus they would not give the address for safety issues.[/p][/quote]I find that rather hard to believe because when I have appeared in court, as a prosecution witness, I have had my name and address read out each time. I then sat in the Public Gallery after I had 'done my bit' and all subsequent witnesses, including the victim had their names and addresses read out. PeterM

5:08pm Tue 17 Dec 13

jamieonline says...

No further action to be taken? Okok. So if a teenager in a tracksuit walked down the road just HOLDING a crowbar I'm sure he'd be arrested for carrying "an offensive weapon". So a lady SWINGING a crowbar shouting abuse DAMAGING the car gets NOTHING? LOOOL oh my police you make laugh.
No further action to be taken? Okok. So if a teenager in a tracksuit walked down the road just HOLDING a crowbar I'm sure he'd be arrested for carrying "an offensive weapon". So a lady SWINGING a crowbar shouting abuse DAMAGING the car gets NOTHING? LOOOL oh my police you make laugh. jamieonline

8:54am Sat 21 Dec 13

delbert grady. says...

she would be more trouble if she got a parking ticket
she would be more trouble if she got a parking ticket delbert grady.

8:57am Sat 21 Dec 13

delbert grady. says...

what ever happened to equality? , if that was a geezer..............
....
what ever happened to equality? , if that was a geezer.............. .... delbert grady.

11:53pm Thu 26 Dec 13

ronangel says...

The persons name and address would be on any statement she made. Solicitors from prosecution and defence would have copies to which the accused would also be entitled to read, or the accused solicitor would pass on the information, officially or not under privileged relationship where anything they discussed could not be ordered to be revealed, or admitted.
Also if she had the registration number of damaged car find out via that or maybe sued by insurance company of car in civil court, for damage done which would of course have to give full details. So not finding out is not on, for somebody that wanted to. But the police should have prosecuted her for breach of the peace or similar acting that way in a public street.
The persons name and address would be on any statement she made. Solicitors from prosecution and defence would have copies to which the accused would also be entitled to read, or the accused solicitor would pass on the information, officially or not under privileged relationship where anything they discussed could not be ordered to be revealed, or admitted. Also if she had the registration number of damaged car find out via that or maybe sued by insurance company of car in civil court, for damage done which would of course have to give full details. So not finding out is not on, for somebody that wanted to. But the police should have prosecuted her for breach of the peace or similar acting that way in a public street. ronangel

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree