Sutton Council launches one-stop winter information centre
A one-stop winter information shop has been launched to help people cope through the colder months.
Sutton Council has set up the Winter Information Centre on its website to look up everything from school closures and travel advice to health tips and local weather reports.
Council leader Councillor Ruth Dombey said: "Winter can be a very difficult time for people when the temperature drops so we wanted to make their lives easier by creating one place to find important information.
"By providing regular updates through the Winter Information Centre and social media we can help our residents to make informed decisions about what action to take to cope with cold weather disruption."
The council is also urging people to make sure they check up on vulnerable neighbours during any cold snaps.
People in Upland Road have gone one step further by setting up a snow patrol to make sure older people are safe and get the supplies they need.
For more information about the Winter Information Centre visit Sutton Council's website.
- Thousands expected to walk from Chelsea to Sutton in aid of Royal Marsden cancer hospital
- Two hundred drivers stopped at Sutton roadside checkpoints in insurance crackdown
- Give your views at Epsom and St Helier hospitals 'listening events'
- TfL tells boy to do unpaid labour to get his Oyster card back
- Escort tells jury she and male companion were stripped and beaten by robbers
Comments are closed on this article.