Sutton Council launches one-stop winter information centre
A one-stop winter information shop has been launched to help people cope through the colder months.
Sutton Council has set up the Winter Information Centre on its website to look up everything from school closures and travel advice to health tips and local weather reports.
Council leader Councillor Ruth Dombey said: "Winter can be a very difficult time for people when the temperature drops so we wanted to make their lives easier by creating one place to find important information.
"By providing regular updates through the Winter Information Centre and social media we can help our residents to make informed decisions about what action to take to cope with cold weather disruption."
The council is also urging people to make sure they check up on vulnerable neighbours during any cold snaps.
People in Upland Road have gone one step further by setting up a snow patrol to make sure older people are safe and get the supplies they need.
For more information about the Winter Information Centre visit Sutton Council's website.
- Snapper donates picture to St Helier Hospital after the original was stolen from a ward wall
- Avoid becoming an 'A&Easter'
- Businesses raise charity money with Great British Bake Off
- Teenager from Sutton named Young Person of the Year for helping youngsters cope with issues
- Drama as police stop traffic in Carshalton to rescue a family - of ducks.
Comments are closed on this article.