Police investigate spate of burglaries in Gander Green Lane, Sutton
A spate of burglaries including one where thieves smashed through a roof to gain entry is being investigated by police.
Several houses in Gander Green Lane, Sutton, have been broken into in recent weeks and people have been urged to make sure their homes are secure.
One victim, who asked not to be named, had his home broken into while he was on holiday last month.
He said: "They've stolen a ladder from my neighbour's garden then they've gone and smashed a hole in my garage roof.
"They took a strimmer, hedge cutter, a blower, some bits of copper and a copper cylinder.
"Last week they smashed into another house further down the road, They seem to be around here a lot."
Thieves also broke into a Vauxhall Vivaro van and stole £2,000 of tools between December 7 and 9. All the tools were marked with the letter W.
Police say people should make sure their houses are locked at all times, that they have alarms fitted and tools and sheds are secure.
If you have any information about the incidents you can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Protesters campaign for link road to get HGVs off Gander Green Lane
- Fraud officers arrive at suspect's house find cannabis factory
- Notorious North Cheam eyesore finally set for demolition
- Stranded pensioner fell and could not reach her panic button
- Fire breaks out at laboratory - dangerous chemical specialists called in
Comments are closed on this article.