Electrical fault causes loft fire in south Sutton

Sutton Guardian: Firefighters were called to the property in Egmont Road, Sutton, last night Firefighters were called to the property in Egmont Road, Sutton, last night

An electrical fault caused a fire to break out in the loft of a flat in Sutton yesterday evening.

Firefighters were called to the property in Egmont Road shortly after 7.30pm.

The owner told the crew from Sutton fire station her power went off and then she noticed smoke coming from her loft.

She directed the crew into the loft where they were able to put the fire out before it spread into other rooms.

The rest of the flat suffered smoke damage and water used to put the fire out leaked into the flat below but has not caused severe damage.

 

TODAY'S TOP SUTTON STORIES

Comments (0)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree