Electrical fault causes loft fire in south Sutton
An electrical fault caused a fire to break out in the loft of a flat in Sutton yesterday evening.
Firefighters were called to the property in Egmont Road shortly after 7.30pm.
The owner told the crew from Sutton fire station her power went off and then she noticed smoke coming from her loft.
She directed the crew into the loft where they were able to put the fire out before it spread into other rooms.
The rest of the flat suffered smoke damage and water used to put the fire out leaked into the flat below but has not caused severe damage.
- Protesters campaign for link road to get HGVs off Gander Green Lane
- Fraud officers arrive at suspect's house find cannabis factory
- Notorious North Cheam eyesore finally set for demolition
- Stranded pensioner fell and could not reach her panic button
- Fire breaks out at laboratory - dangerous chemical specialists called in
Comments are closed on this article.