Electrical fault causes loft fire in south Sutton
An electrical fault caused a fire to break out in the loft of a flat in Sutton yesterday evening.
Firefighters were called to the property in Egmont Road shortly after 7.30pm.
The owner told the crew from Sutton fire station her power went off and then she noticed smoke coming from her loft.
She directed the crew into the loft where they were able to put the fire out before it spread into other rooms.
The rest of the flat suffered smoke damage and water used to put the fire out leaked into the flat below but has not caused severe damage.
- Man charged with murder of six-year-old girl
- Teen girls end up in court after waging Facebook hate campaign against teachers
- Worcester Park councillor convicted for racially aggravated assault in train station pub
- Have you lost 28 toothbrushes?
- Tragic history of house where woman suffered severe burns in possible attempted murder emerges
Comments are closed on this article.