Elderly care organisation hands out 300 presents donated by Sutton Asda shoppers
More then 300 gifts donated by Asda shoppers are being given to elderly people in Sutton in a festive scheme.
Home Instead Senior Care joined forces with Asda to collect presents donated by shoppers and distribute them to elderly people in the area in the Be Santa to a Senior campaign.
After collecting the presents the organisation worked with charity Age UK to identify people who would benefit from them in the area.
Home Instead owner Tony Ward said: "We had a fantastic time collecting the gifts and are now thoroughly enjoying delivering them all.
"ASDA’s customers were amazing and really got behind what we were trying to do, it’s wonderful how everyone has worked together to bring a bit of festive cheer to older people in our local community this Christmas.
"I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who made a donation as well as to ASDA and Age UK for helping us make all of this possible."
- Carshalton and Wallington MP hails British Heart Foundation volunteers
- Tell Sutton Council what you think about advice and information services
- Spate of fires in Sutton 'started deliberately'
- Send us your pictures of sunny London and Surrey as warm weather finally arrives
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
Comments are closed on this article.