Help is at hand for elderly people concerned about the wind and rain.
Age UK Sutton can supply vulnerable over-65s with blankets and heaters for their and will even go out to do their shopping to stop them from having to face the elements.
Marion Harper, chief executive of Age UK Sutton, said the organisation has been given funding through Sutton Council and Sutton Clinical Commissioning Group to help vulnerable people.
But she has also called on the Government to do more to improve energy efficiency of houses.
She said: "Whether you are lonely or isolated, have insufficient food to eat, are worried about heating your home, concerned about financial matters or paying those winter bills, then Age UK Sutton is here to help. We can help with shopping, loan heaters and offer practical advice.
"High energy prices, along with poorly insulated homes are some of the factors that cause cold homes - a major cause of excess winter deaths.
"Those living in the coldest homes are three times more likely to die a preventable death than those living in warmer ones.
"Long term, Age UK strongly believes that the only sustainable solution is investment to increase the energy efficiency of our housing stock so cold homes become a thing of the past."
People can contact Age UK Sutton on 020 8770 6959 or by visiting www.ageuksutton.org.uk for tips on energy saving and keeping warm in winter.
- Artist traces journey made by Surrey couple in mid 1930s
- Machine gun smuggling woman: 'London gangsters threatened to kill my gran'
- Man arrested over burglaries where 'gentleman burglar kissed victims goodbye'
- Delayed Boris backs life-sciences hub in Sutton as travel hold up pushes case for trams
- Imported Romanian rescue dogs need new homes this Christmas