A Rotary Club raised almost £10,000 for charities during its Christmas collection this year.
Nonsuch Rotary Club raised £9,516 for Missing People and other charities as Santa and his sleigh wound his way around the area, collecting at the North Cheam Sainsbury’s and Tesco in Oldfields Road, Sutton.
The Rotary Club has been collecting in the Cheam and Worcester Park areas for the past 25 years.
Member John Chamberlain said: “Knowing that we are raising money for Missing People and other worthy charities is a great incentive for us and we are absolutely delighted with the superb response from our local area.”
Beth Mease, Local Campaigns Manager at Missing People, said: “Missing People would like to thank the Rotary Club and the generous people of Sutton for contributing much needed funds to enable the charity to continue its vital work with young runaways, missing and vulnerable adults and their families left behind.”
Missing People supports over 200,000 people who run away or go missing in UK every year, along with the families left behind.
To find out more about getting involved contact Beth Mease on 07595 200646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hospital death of childcare worker 'not a result of medical negligence'
- Fate of Sutton theatres set to become clear as administrators set deadline for buyers
- As it happened: GCSE results day in Croydon and Sutton
- London’s burning: Free events to mark 350 years since the Great Fire of London
- Missing teenager found safe and well - after just 19 minutes