A thug who left his pregnant girlfriend bloodied after punching her in the face and stomach as she was treated in hospital has been jailed.
Lee Keahey, 29, assaulted his 25-week pregnant girlfriend after accusing her of cheating on him in a ward at St Helier Hospital on Thursday, August 1.
The woman, 21, had made her own way to hospital as she was suffering from back pains.
Keahey, of Wrythe Lane in Carshalton, turned up and the pair had an argument. He accused his her of cheating on him and told her he was not afraid to hit her.
He then punched her several times in the face and the stomach. He fled after a nurse responded to the woman's screams.
The nurse found the pregnant woman with large amounts of blood on her face and the top half of her body. She had a cut to her left cheek and the side of her face was swollen badly.
Police were alerted and Keahey was arrested a short while later after being spotted on CCTV in the Rosehill area.
He was remanded in custody and sentenced to 10 months imprisonment and ordered to pay a £100 victim surcharge after pleading guilty to causing actual bodily harm at Southwark Crown Court last month.
Having served most of his sentence on remand, he was released on December 31 but has since been arrested and remanded again on suspicion of breaching an order stopping him from going to the victim's home.
- Sutton and Croydon's best and worst-performing schools revealed
- ‘I don’t think I’ll get a US visa’: Sutton MP has no regrets saying he would roast Donald Trump
- Woolly Hat Day 2017: We want photos of you in your favourite cosy headgear
- Two wanted in connection to burglary and series of thefts
- REVEALED: Which companies do you think are keeping their customers most satisfied?