Carshalton and Wallington MP Tom Brake organises Sutton's first cycling summit
A first-of-its-kind summit will be held to find out what can be done to improve safety and facilities for cyclists in the area.
Those who attend will be able to find out what is being done and put forward their ideas. Among those attending the meeting will be Charles Martin, borough coordinator for the London Cycling Campaign, and Liberal Democrat Greater London Assembly member Caroline Pidgeon.
Mr Brake, a keen cyclist himself, said: "Cycling is a healthy, cheap and environmentally-friendly form of transport.
"This is why, as a local MP, I’ve campaigned for many years for improved facilities for cyclists in Carshalton and Wallington.
"While I would like to see more local residents swapping the bus, car or train for a bike, I recognise that concerns over road safety is often what puts people off cycling. No one should feel that they are taking their life into their hands every time they get on a bike."
The event will take place at the Trinity Centre in Maldon Road, Wallington, from 6.30pm to 9pm on Wednesday, January 22.
- Tenants move vote of no confidence in Sutton Housing Partnership
- Man charged with murder of six-year-old girl
- Teen girls end up in court after waging Facebook hate campaign against teachers
- Worcester Park councillor convicted for racially aggravated assault in train station pub
- Have you lost 28 toothbrushes?
Comments are closed on this article.