Hundreds caught driving without insurance in one day police crackdown in Sutton
More than 350 drivers were caught driving without insurance during a police operation yesterday.
Officers stopped 362 drivers and seized four vehicles. They also arrested three people, one in connection with a serious assault and two on suspicion of possessing cannabis.
Inspector Neil Tyre said: "This operation and others like it are all about catching criminals, deterring criminal activities and keeping the streets safe.
These operations will continue and you will be caught if you don’t have insurance or the correct insurance."
Drivers caught without insurance receive six penalty points and a £200 fine.
- Teenager from Sutton named Young Person of the Year for helping youngsters cope with issues
- Drama as police stop traffic in Carshalton to rescue a family - of ducks.
- Epsom and St Helier hospitals "working hard" to achieve clinical standards for London
- Top 10 things you don't know about Sutton
- 96 per cent of Sutton children to go to primary school of their choosing - although almost four per cent will not
Comments are closed on this article.