More than 350 drivers were caught driving without insurance during a police operation yesterday.
Officers stopped 362 drivers and seized four vehicles. They also arrested three people, one in connection with a serious assault and two on suspicion of possessing cannabis.
Inspector Neil Tyre said: "This operation and others like it are all about catching criminals, deterring criminal activities and keeping the streets safe.
These operations will continue and you will be caught if you don’t have insurance or the correct insurance."
Drivers caught without insurance receive six penalty points and a £200 fine.
- Lace makers weave their magic
- Hundreds to gather for Living Wandle film premiere
- London Victoria services delayed due to earlier broken down train
- Borrow, fix and mend during Waste Less Live More Week
- Disappearance of "very intelligent" Ewell family man completely out of character, says friend