Hundreds caught driving without insurance in one day police crackdown in Sutton
More than 350 drivers were caught driving without insurance during a police operation yesterday.
Officers stopped 362 drivers and seized four vehicles. They also arrested three people, one in connection with a serious assault and two on suspicion of possessing cannabis.
Inspector Neil Tyre said: "This operation and others like it are all about catching criminals, deterring criminal activities and keeping the streets safe.
These operations will continue and you will be caught if you don’t have insurance or the correct insurance."
Drivers caught without insurance receive six penalty points and a £200 fine.
- Firefighters to go on strike again over pensions dispute
- Mother of dead schoolgirl Ellie Butler charged with intent to pervert the course of justice
- Overall crime down in Sutton - but reports of rape and hate crime go up
- Severed finger found in North Cheam park
- Police probe 'head butt' on Carshalton footballer
Comments are closed on this article.