More than 350 drivers were caught driving without insurance during a police operation yesterday.
Officers stopped 362 drivers and seized four vehicles. They also arrested three people, one in connection with a serious assault and two on suspicion of possessing cannabis.
Inspector Neil Tyre said: "This operation and others like it are all about catching criminals, deterring criminal activities and keeping the streets safe.
These operations will continue and you will be caught if you don’t have insurance or the correct insurance."
Drivers caught without insurance receive six penalty points and a £200 fine.
- Sutton Council appeals court ruling that it was responsible for Beddington Park bridge fall that left cyclist paralysed
- UPDATE: Man 'carrying gun' arrested by firearms police in Benhilton
- REVEALED: Arlo and Ellie are hot - but what are the other most popular baby names in 2016 so far?
- Liberal Democrats hold Carshalton Central in Sutton Council by-election
- 'Let her rest in peace': Granddad's anguish after killer dad appeals conviction for murder of six-year-old Ellie Butler