More than 350 drivers were caught driving without insurance during a police operation yesterday.
Officers stopped 362 drivers and seized four vehicles. They also arrested three people, one in connection with a serious assault and two on suspicion of possessing cannabis.
Inspector Neil Tyre said: "This operation and others like it are all about catching criminals, deterring criminal activities and keeping the streets safe.
These operations will continue and you will be caught if you don’t have insurance or the correct insurance."
Drivers caught without insurance receive six penalty points and a £200 fine.
- Sutton Council leader branded 'crass and irresponsible' after sending thousands of mock eviction notices
- WIN! We’ve got money-can’t-buy X-Men Apocalypse goodies to give away
- Sutton man arrested on suspicion of cannabis possession after car crashed into a post box
- Sutton parents urged to vaccinate children following 'serious' measles outbreak
- London set to be hotter than Ibiza and Istanbul this scorching weekend