Plans to rejuvenate the town's train station and improve the area around it will be discussed at a meeting next week.
Sutton Council has funding from Transport for London, Network Rail and Southern Railway and wants to renovate the area around the station to improve the impression commuters get as they arrive in Sutton.
Plans also include give better access to the station, improve links to the town centre and make it easier to switch between methods of public transport.
People will be able to view ideas, ask questions and share their views during a meeting at Sutton civic offices in St Nicholas Way on Thursday, January 16. From 5.30pm to 6.30pm.
There will be an informal drop in and people will be able to view and discuss the proposals followed by a presentation and group discussion from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Following the meeting, the council plans to refine its proposals before going to public consultation on two options in February or March with a view to carrying out the work in the summer.
- This is when you will be able to pick lavender at an idyllic spot in Carshalton
- Terror alert raised to critical after Manchester terror attack
- Children among dead as death toll rises after Manchester bombing
- Council flies flag at half-mast following deadly Manchester terror attack
- ‘Just pour bleach over it’: Mother receives shocking advice after complaining about foxes getting into her rubbish