Sutton station gateway project up for discussion next week
Plans to rejuvenate the town's train station and improve the area around it will be discussed at a meeting next week.
Sutton Council has funding from Transport for London, Network Rail and Southern Railway and wants to renovate the area around the station to improve the impression commuters get as they arrive in Sutton.
Plans also include give better access to the station, improve links to the town centre and make it easier to switch between methods of public transport.
People will be able to view ideas, ask questions and share their views during a meeting at Sutton civic offices in St Nicholas Way on Thursday, January 16. From 5.30pm to 6.30pm.
There will be an informal drop in and people will be able to view and discuss the proposals followed by a presentation and group discussion from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Following the meeting, the council plans to refine its proposals before going to public consultation on two options in February or March with a view to carrying out the work in the summer.
- Sutton war hero's watch unearthed encrusted in mud from the Somme 100 years after the First World War
- EPSOM SUTT WIMB YELL ASBO FOR 18-year-old who verbally abused shopkeeper
- VIDEO: Freerunners flip Sutton on its head
- Cheam dog owner calls for Staffies and other 'dangerous' dogs to be muzzled
- Zippy from Rainbow spotted in Cheam bush
Comments are closed on this article.