A dad had his bicycle stolen as he left it propped outside his home for a moment so he could give his baby son a hug.
Since the birth of his son five months ago, the 29-year-old Wallington man would arrive home from work in Croydon every day, prop his £745 bike up outside his house for a moment while he went inside to say hello to his son and wife.
The he would go back out to put the bike away, leaving it for no more than a few seconds.
But when he came out of his Bute Road house to put the white GT Tachyon bike away at 6.30pm on January 13, it had been stolen.
The thief also took the attached speedometer that was a present from his dead father.
If anyone has seen the bike, or saw any suspect behaviour in the area at the time of the theft, they can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Machine gun smuggling woman: 'London gangsters threatened to kill my gran"
- Man arrested over burglaries where 'gentleman burglar kissed victims goodbye'
- Delayed Boris backs life-sciences hub in Sutton as travel hold up pushes case for trams
- Imported Romanian rescue dogs need new homes this Christmas
- Head-on van and car crash