Green-fingered volunteers did not let the cold weather stop them getting out and helping at a community allotment on Monday.
Every week volunteers help by planting seeds and harvesting produce at Carshalton Community Allotment in Colston Avenue.
The allotment, which is run by environment organisation EcoLocal, grows food for the local community. Simon Honey, project worker, said: "We are already sowing seeds and there’s still produce to harvest and take home.
"It’s a friendly group here. People often come along to garden in company of others – it’s free and it’s a very sociable activity, we all enjoy a chat and a cup of tea! We have all kind of things for people to do and all skill levels are welcome"
The allotment opens for volunteers from 1pm to 3pm on Mondays and 10.30am to 1pm on Fridays.
- TARIFF-ying changes to Sutton's car parking prices
- Traveller camp sparks redevelopment calls at Victoria House
- Hospitals could be fined for missing superbug MRSA target
- Donations help disabled toddler make first moves
- SUTTON COMMUNITY AWARDS: Community stalwarts recognized in annual event