Glamorous Worcester Park grandmother celebrates 101st birthday
A much-loved grandmother celebrated her 101st birthday.
Despite her grand old age Nancy Weston, from Worcester Park, sees the hairdresser regularly, goes to bingo each week and always makes sure she always looks her finest.
Manager of Nancy's home Maria Beasley shares a drink with her
Mrs Weston has been a regular feature in the Sutton Guardian since her 99th birthday when she was dubbed Sutton’s oldest drinker as she was partial to a glass of sherry.
Her 100th year has been a challenge after she lost her only son Brian who she called ‘her prince’ because he was born in a castle during the evacuation in the Second World War.
Her daughter Kim Dickerson said: “She continues to give happiness and love to all her family, five daughters, 13 grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren and knows the birthdays of all. She never misses a single one.”
- Avoid becoming an 'A&Easter'
- Businesses raise charity money with Great British Bake Off
- Teenager from Sutton named Young Person of the Year for helping youngsters cope with issues
- Drama as police stop traffic in Carshalton to rescue a family - of ducks.
- Epsom and St Helier hospitals "working hard" to achieve clinical standards for London
Comments are closed on this article.