A much-loved grandmother celebrated her 101st birthday.
Despite her grand old age Nancy Weston, from Worcester Park, sees the hairdresser regularly, goes to bingo each week and always makes sure she always looks her finest.
Manager of Nancy's home Maria Beasley shares a drink with her
Mrs Weston has been a regular feature in the Sutton Guardian since her 99th birthday when she was dubbed Sutton’s oldest drinker as she was partial to a glass of sherry.
Her 100th year has been a challenge after she lost her only son Brian who she called ‘her prince’ because he was born in a castle during the evacuation in the Second World War.
Her daughter Kim Dickerson said: “She continues to give happiness and love to all her family, five daughters, 13 grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren and knows the birthdays of all. She never misses a single one.”
- Man locked up for 'cowardly' knife attack pleads with judge not to jail him over fears of being radicalised behind bars
- Users of 'wonderful' disability charity devastated by closure
- Hundreds protest 'government inaction' over 'shambolic' Southern Rail service
- Recycle, reuse and repair: free autumn events aimed at reducing landfill waste coming to a town centre near you
- Rating system for lorries to protect cyclists could lead to thousands of HGVs banned from London