Glamorous Worcester Park grandmother celebrates 101st birthday
A much-loved grandmother celebrated her 101st birthday.
Despite her grand old age Nancy Weston, from Worcester Park, sees the hairdresser regularly, goes to bingo each week and always makes sure she always looks her finest.
Manager of Nancy's home Maria Beasley shares a drink with her
Mrs Weston has been a regular feature in the Sutton Guardian since her 99th birthday when she was dubbed Sutton’s oldest drinker as she was partial to a glass of sherry.
Her 100th year has been a challenge after she lost her only son Brian who she called ‘her prince’ because he was born in a castle during the evacuation in the Second World War.
Her daughter Kim Dickerson said: “She continues to give happiness and love to all her family, five daughters, 13 grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren and knows the birthdays of all. She never misses a single one.”
- TIMELAPSE VIDEO: New Hackbridge junction brings sense of community and safety, planners say
- Have your say on Wimbledon to Sutton Tramlink extension as four possible routes are revealed
- Daniel Dutfield appears in court after death of pregnant 22-year-old girlfriend Jessica Fenner at baby shower
- Missing girl returns home after Sutton Guardian appeal
- Sutton schools lead the way in green credentials
Comments are closed on this article.