Petition submitted to Sutton Council to save threatened family charity Home-Start
A charity volunteer has submitted a petition to the council opposing its decision to remove its funding.
Barbara Shipton has been volunteering for Sutton’s Home-Start for a year and feels the council’s decision to terminate their contract will limit the charity’s ability to support families with problems.
The petition has already gained 559 signatures asking the council to reinstate the funding for Home-Start Sutton which focuses on early intervention and has 80 volunteers visit families in their home every week offering emotional and practical support.
Two members of staff were made redundant last year while the remaining members had their hours reduced.
A Sutton Council spokesperson said: “I can confirm that we have received a petition regarding Home-Start Sutton, which we will respond to in due course.”
- Missing girl returns home after Sutton Guardian appeal
- Sutton schools lead the way in green credentials
- Confidence coach raked in over £5,000 in benefit fraud
- Two cars collide in latest incident at notorious St Helier Avenue and Middleton Road junction
- Owner of Carshalton bakery gutted in blaze praises firefighters' work and vows to reopen
Comments are closed on this article.