Petition submitted to Sutton Council to save threatened family charity Home-Start
A charity volunteer has submitted a petition to the council opposing its decision to remove its funding.
Barbara Shipton has been volunteering for Sutton’s Home-Start for a year and feels the council’s decision to terminate their contract will limit the charity’s ability to support families with problems.
The petition has already gained 559 signatures asking the council to reinstate the funding for Home-Start Sutton which focuses on early intervention and has 80 volunteers visit families in their home every week offering emotional and practical support.
Two members of staff were made redundant last year while the remaining members had their hours reduced.
A Sutton Council spokesperson said: “I can confirm that we have received a petition regarding Home-Start Sutton, which we will respond to in due course.”
- Firefighters to go on strike again over pensions dispute
- Mother of dead schoolgirl Ellie Butler charged with intent to pervert the course of justice
- Overall crime down in Sutton - but reports of rape and hate crime go up
- Severed finger found in North Cheam park
- Police probe 'head butt' on Carshalton footballer
Comments are closed on this article.