A charity volunteer has submitted a petition to the council opposing its decision to remove its funding.
Barbara Shipton has been volunteering for Sutton’s Home-Start for a year and feels the council’s decision to terminate their contract will limit the charity’s ability to support families with problems.
The petition has already gained 559 signatures asking the council to reinstate the funding for Home-Start Sutton which focuses on early intervention and has 80 volunteers visit families in their home every week offering emotional and practical support.
Two members of staff were made redundant last year while the remaining members had their hours reduced.
A Sutton Council spokesperson said: “I can confirm that we have received a petition regarding Home-Start Sutton, which we will respond to in due course.”
- Fate of Sutton theatres set to become clear as administrators set deadline for buyers
- GCSE results day in Croydon and Sutton
- Missing teenager found safe and well - after just 19 minutes
- Police appeal to help find missing Croydon teenager with links to Sutton
- RESULTS DAY: Don't want to do A-levels? There are plenty of other options for life after GCSEs