Petition submitted to Sutton Council to save threatened family charity Home-Start
A charity volunteer has submitted a petition to the council opposing its decision to remove its funding.
Barbara Shipton has been volunteering for Sutton’s Home-Start for a year and feels the council’s decision to terminate their contract will limit the charity’s ability to support families with problems.
The petition has already gained 559 signatures asking the council to reinstate the funding for Home-Start Sutton which focuses on early intervention and has 80 volunteers visit families in their home every week offering emotional and practical support.
Two members of staff were made redundant last year while the remaining members had their hours reduced.
A Sutton Council spokesperson said: “I can confirm that we have received a petition regarding Home-Start Sutton, which we will respond to in due course.”
- Elderly people in Sutton enjoy free drumming sessions
- Hospice seeking volunteers to join supporter groups
- 26-year-old entrepreneur wins award from the Prime Minister
- Journeys to be disrupted as London Bridge station closes for a week
- Fake window cleaners steal £1,200 worth of jewellery from 95-year-old woman
Comments are closed on this article.