Nine out of 10 people in Sutton say it is a good place to live.
The figure makes Sutton one of the most popular boroughs in London with 91 per cent of people saying they enjoy living here compared to an outer London average of 79 per cent and an inner-city average of 89 per cent.
The statistics, published by pollsters Ipsos MORI show the main thing people in Sutton like is the low crime rate although people also feel people from different backgrounds get on well in the borough.
Councillor Ruth Dombey, leader of Sutton Council, said: "These results show that our policy of putting the views of our residents first is working and the vast majority of Sutton residents are happy with their local area.
"Against the backdrop of a challenging economic climate and unprecedented cuts to local authority budgets Sutton remains resilient and not only has satisfaction remained steady, but also it is higher than rates seen in other parts of London."
The main area of dissatisfaction for people living in the borough is the state of the roads. The condition of the borough's highways is a concern for 43 per cent of those who took the survey.
Coun Dombey added: "We cannot be complacent. We know that there are more thanks we need to do to continue increasing local satisfaction.
"More needs to be done to improve the condition of some of our roads, and we have already begun to tackle this issue.
"As public finances tighten even further we will continue to work with residents to prioritise their concerns and agree with them how we work together to ensure Sutton continues to be a great place to live."
- Dialysis manager 'Dodgy Hodgy' and fraudster friends sentenced for scamming hospital trust out of hundreds of thousands of pounds
- Southern launch appeal against High Court decision to refuse it preventing drivers' strikes
- Sadiq Khan accuses ministers of 'abandoning' Southern Rail passengers
- Jailed: Burglars who stole expensive cars and motorbikes across south London and Surrey
- New update means Uber can now track you until five minutes AFTER your ride is finished