More than 10 tonnes of litter is due to be dumped in the town centre on Thursday.
Usually Sutton Council would be tasked with clearing such a mess up - but in this case it is the council putting it there.
The idea is a stunt to encourage people not to drop litter.
The 11 tonnes of rubbish being heaped outside Waterstone's in Sutton High Street is being put there to illustrate the amount of litter dropped in Sutton every day.
As well as the eye-catching mound of rubbish, council litter pickers, councillors and other staff will be on hand to tell people why they should not drop litter and explain how the £4m it spends each year on removing waste from the streets could be better spent.
The litter mound will be in the High Street from 9.30am to 3.30pm.
- Hottest Halloween brings smiles to Sutton
- 'Utterly devoted' boyfriend jailed for accidental killing of pregnant girlfriend
- Vandalized memorial repaired in time for Remembrance Service
- Your guide to Halloween events across Sutton
- Documentary on the privatization of the NHS to be aired