More than 10 tonnes of litter is due to be dumped in the town centre on Thursday.
Usually Sutton Council would be tasked with clearing such a mess up - but in this case it is the council putting it there.
The idea is a stunt to encourage people not to drop litter.
The 11 tonnes of rubbish being heaped outside Waterstone's in Sutton High Street is being put there to illustrate the amount of litter dropped in Sutton every day.
As well as the eye-catching mound of rubbish, council litter pickers, councillors and other staff will be on hand to tell people why they should not drop litter and explain how the £4m it spends each year on removing waste from the streets could be better spent.
The litter mound will be in the High Street from 9.30am to 3.30pm.
- Judge condemns Wandsworth Prison security after inmate imports machine guns from his cell
- Robins best Eagles in Surrey County Cup semi-final
- TARIFF-ying changes to Sutton's car parking prices
- Traveller camp sparks redevelopment calls at Victoria House
- Hospitals could be fined for missing superbug MRSA target