Police are appealing for help after a depressed 75-year-old man went missing this morning.
It is believed Ronald Charles Lane went missing in a silver Ford Focus, LD60 LVF, from Burns Close, in Carshalton, at around 6am.
He had driven with his wife from Durham to stay with family in Carshalton and arrived yesterday evening.
He was last seen going to bed at 12.30am today.
CCTV cameras recorded the car on the outskirts of Worthing at 7.30am but the car and Mr Lane have not been seen since.
Mr Lane is being treated for depression, does not have any more than £10 on him, and has no mobile phone, bank cards or medication.
He is described as a white, well built, fit and about 5ft 11in, with thinning white hair.
He is believed to be wearing a striped blue and yellow shirt, beige corduroy trousers over pyjamas.
Detective Constable Emily Marshall, at Sutton Police station, said: "We still believe Mr Lane is in the South Coast area and we need to locate him as quickly as possible to make sure he is safe and well."
If you see Mr Charles call police immediately on 999 quoting his name and vehicle registration number.
- Sutton Council appeals court ruling that it was responsible for Beddington Park bridge fall that left cyclist paralysed
- UPDATE: Man 'carrying gun' arrested by firearms police in Benhilton
- REVEALED: Arlo and Ellie are hot - but what are the other most popular baby names in 2016 so far?
- Liberal Democrats hold Carshalton Central in Sutton Council by-election
- 'Let her rest in peace': Granddad's anguish after killer dad appeals conviction for murder of six-year-old Ellie Butler