Four quick-thinking boys who helped police detain a suspected thief have been given awards.
Sutton Grammar School boys Midu Loganathan, Faiz Yuusuf, Kunle Fadipe and Felix Turner, all 14 and 15-years-old, spotted the male suspect leaving HMV in Sutton High Street with what they thought were stolen DVDs on February 5.
They followed the man and called police, leading them to Mulgrave Road where he was arrested.
The boys were given certificates by Sutton Borough Commander Detective Chief Superintendent Guy Ferguson as well as £10 vouchers from HMV as a thank you.
Det Ch Supt Ferguson said: "I am pleased to thank the pupils for their vigilance and for acting quickly in calling the police."
The boys' headmaster Gordon Ironside added: "I am pleased to thank the pupils for their vigilance and for acting quickly in calling the police."
A man aged 38 is due to appear in front of Croydon Magistrates on May 19 after pleading not guilty to a single charge of shop lifting.
- Foster child choir prepares for national competition
- UPDATE: Residents evacuated as fire destroys roof of semi-detached home
- Primary school places announced: Did you get your preferred option?
- Man who fell asleep at the wheel faces jail after killing woman on morning run
- Robbers force delivery driver to hand over boxes of cigarette packets