Quick-thinking Sutton Grammar School boys track suspected thief down and call police
Four quick-thinking boys who helped police detain a suspected thief have been given awards.
Sutton Grammar School boys Midu Loganathan, Faiz Yuusuf, Kunle Fadipe and Felix Turner, all 14 and 15-years-old, spotted the male suspect leaving HMV in Sutton High Street with what they thought were stolen DVDs on February 5.
They followed the man and called police, leading them to Mulgrave Road where he was arrested.
The boys were given certificates by Sutton Borough Commander Detective Chief Superintendent Guy Ferguson as well as £10 vouchers from HMV as a thank you.
Det Ch Supt Ferguson said: "I am pleased to thank the pupils for their vigilance and for acting quickly in calling the police."
The boys' headmaster Gordon Ironside added: "I am pleased to thank the pupils for their vigilance and for acting quickly in calling the police."
A man aged 38 is due to appear in front of Croydon Magistrates on May 19 after pleading not guilty to a single charge of shop lifting.
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- Thicket Road bin fire latest in a spate said firefighters
- Thomas Cook in Wallington robbed at knifepoint for second time since August
- Health bosses refuse to support mental health trust's foundation trust application
- Carshalton teens get MP's backing for campaign to lower voting age