The Hope in Carshalton is officially one of the best four pubs in the country
A Carshalton boozer has been named as one of the best four pubs in the whole of the UK.
The Hope was one of the four finalists in the Campaign for Real Ale's (CAMRA) pub of the year competition but just missed out on the top prize.
The organisation commended it for it atmosphere and service as well as the quality of its beers, ciders and perries.
Rodger Molyneux, the Hope's licensee and director, said: "This is great news and a bit of a surprise.
"It’s testament to the hard work put in by all of our team and will mean a great deal to the 34 shareholders who have invested in the future of this pub."
The Hope was facing closure and plans to convert it into an Indian restaurant until a group of locals clubbed together to purchase the lease on the pub and keep it open in 2010.
The other finalists were the Old Spot in Dursley, The Horse and Jockey in Stapleford, and The Swan with Two Necks in Pendleton – which was named the overall winner.
- Human bones found at house in Purley
- Rugby star's mum sentenced after years dodging fraud convictions
- Girl run over by boy racers has fractured skull and broken pelvis
- Campaigners start fight against plans to build on Overton Park
- Racial assault councillor in new blunder - but he will still not quit
Comments are closed on this article.