A great-grandmother celebrated her 100th birthday.
Hilda Foulsham celebrated her big birthday at St Jude’s Nursing Home, in Sutton, on Monday, February 10.
Mrs Foulsham, the eldest of five children, was born at St Thomas’s Hospital in Lambeth and lived in Brixton.
She left school at 14 and went to work at the Coty Powder Box Factory in Bedford Road, Clapham, and when she was 15 moved to Dagenham to work on small components in Chingford.
At 18 she moved to Hartland Road, Morden, and met her future husband Peter who lived three doors down the road.
The couple were married in 1937 and had two sons, Peter and David. Mrs Foulsham now has four grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
- Dad who barricaded himself in Carshalton home with gas canisters 'wasn't going to blow house up'
- Man rushed to hospital after motorbike and car collide in Worcester Park
- High Street pub to hold fundraiser for regular punter's sister suffering with Multiple Sclerosis
- South Londoners making most of new hopper bus fare - especially these two routes
- Former Sutton councillor charged with theft of thousands of pounds