A great-grandmother celebrated her 100th birthday.
Hilda Foulsham celebrated her big birthday at St Jude’s Nursing Home, in Sutton, on Monday, February 10.
Mrs Foulsham, the eldest of five children, was born at St Thomas’s Hospital in Lambeth and lived in Brixton.
She left school at 14 and went to work at the Coty Powder Box Factory in Bedford Road, Clapham, and when she was 15 moved to Dagenham to work on small components in Chingford.
At 18 she moved to Hartland Road, Morden, and met her future husband Peter who lived three doors down the road.
The couple were married in 1937 and had two sons, Peter and David. Mrs Foulsham now has four grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
- Pregnant woman injured in Worcester Park crash
- Hundreds of passengers donate to fund for judicial review of Government's handling of Southern rail franchise
- You can work in London and save £450,000 buying a home - but there's a catch
- 10 tips to protect your home as Met Police launches crackdown on burglars ahead of winter months
- Is south London's nightlife 'under attack'? Fabric closure sparks debate into the future of capital's clubs and bars