Great grandmother celebrates 100th birthday with party in Sutton
A great-grandmother celebrated her 100th birthday.
Hilda Foulsham celebrated her big birthday at St Jude’s Nursing Home, in Sutton, on Monday, February 10.
Mrs Foulsham, the eldest of five children, was born at St Thomas’s Hospital in Lambeth and lived in Brixton.
She left school at 14 and went to work at the Coty Powder Box Factory in Bedford Road, Clapham, and when she was 15 moved to Dagenham to work on small components in Chingford.
At 18 she moved to Hartland Road, Morden, and met her future husband Peter who lived three doors down the road.
The couple were married in 1937 and had two sons, Peter and David. Mrs Foulsham now has four grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- Thicket Road bin fire latest in a spate said firefighters
- Thomas Cook in Wallington robbed at knifepoint for second time since August
- Health bosses refuse to support mental health trust's foundation trust application
- Carshalton teens get MP's backing for campaign to lower voting age