Great grandmother celebrates 100th birthday with party in Sutton
A great-grandmother celebrated her 100th birthday.
Hilda Foulsham celebrated her big birthday at St Jude’s Nursing Home, in Sutton, on Monday, February 10.
Mrs Foulsham, the eldest of five children, was born at St Thomas’s Hospital in Lambeth and lived in Brixton.
She left school at 14 and went to work at the Coty Powder Box Factory in Bedford Road, Clapham, and when she was 15 moved to Dagenham to work on small components in Chingford.
At 18 she moved to Hartland Road, Morden, and met her future husband Peter who lived three doors down the road.
The couple were married in 1937 and had two sons, Peter and David. Mrs Foulsham now has four grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
- Hackbridge neighbours in shock after blaze devastates Bedzed flat
- Fire breaks out in Bedzed flats in Hackbridge
- Officers take to the pitch for Cheam football scheme
- Police appeal for musician who left their flute outside a Sutton pub to come forward
- Have you seen this man?: Worcester Park robber on the run after escaping from police during hospital visit
Comments are closed on this article.