Fourteen charities are set to benefit from an £11,500 Rotary Club collection.
The money was donated at Cheam Rotary’s Annual Presentation evening at Cuddington Golf Club on Tuesday, February 4.
The money was the result of Cheam Rotary’s collections from Santa’s sleigh and Christmas collections in Sainsbury’s North Cheam.
The main recipient was the Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital which received money towards two new Medikin Dolls to educate teenagers undergoing treatment at the hospital.
- Man locked up for 'cowardly' knife attack pleads with judge not to jail him over fears of being radicalised behind bars
- Users of 'wonderful' disability charity devastated by closure
- Hundreds protest 'government inaction' over 'shambolic' Southern Rail service
- Recycle, reuse and repair: free autumn events aimed at reducing landfill waste coming to a town centre near you
- Rating system for lorries to protect cyclists could lead to thousands of HGVs banned from London