Fourteen charities are set to benefit from an £11,500 Rotary Club collection.
The money was donated at Cheam Rotary’s Annual Presentation evening at Cuddington Golf Club on Tuesday, February 4.
The money was the result of Cheam Rotary’s collections from Santa’s sleigh and Christmas collections in Sainsbury’s North Cheam.
The main recipient was the Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital which received money towards two new Medikin Dolls to educate teenagers undergoing treatment at the hospital.
- More strikes planned as talks between Southern and the RMT collapse over future of conductor roles
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish
- Super-sized SLUGS coming to gardens thanks to mild winter weather
- Bank Holiday engineering work to be "least disruptive" of recent years as National Rail warn passengers to check before travel
- Bank Holiday Weekend weather: enjoy the sun while it lasts as Monday is set to be a washout