Two dead bodies discovered in Mill Lane, Carshalton
Two bodies have been found in a house in Carshalton.
The bodies of a man and a woman were discovered in the property in Mill Lane on Saturday afternoon after a concerned neighbour who had not seen activity at the house in some time noticed flies at the window.
Police say the deaths are not being treated as suspicious but do not know how the pair died at this stage.
Post mortem examinations are taking place today to establish how the people died and how long ago.
A neighbour who contacted police said it was a great shock and highlights the importance of people checking to make sure their neighbours are safe.
Another neighbour, who asked not to be named, said: "They kept themselves to themselves. I never really saw much of them.
"I think the last time I saw either of them was before Christmas. I'd hate to think that they had been in there for that long but it really is a long time since I saw anything of them.
"I was quite a concern when I saw all the police. I immediately feared the worst but I didn't think they could both be dead."
If you have any information you can call police on 101.
If you know the people in the house and would like to pay tribute to them, contact reporter Mike Pyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Up to 300 blood samples taken after van is stolen from outside GP surgery in broad daylight
- Drunks will be forced to wear 'sobriety tags' in crime crackdown
- Listen to the mind-bendingly experimental Soap Company
- Neighbours threaten to sue Morrison's in Sutton over car park noise
- Sutton war hero's watch unearthed encrusted in mud from the Somme 100 years after the First World War
Comments are closed on this article.