The Environment Agency had warned people living in areas near the Wandle to be prepared for flooding but that has been lifted now that the water table has started to recede.
More than 2,000 homes had been identified as being at various levels of risk but that has now abated.
A map showing the areas of Sutton that were considered to be at risk
Storms on Friday night and Saturday wreaked havoc across the borough, felling 36 trees and damaging 16 others.
Flooding in Hackbridge
But weather forecasters say, although some rain is predicted this week, we have seen the last of the severe storms for now.
- Chelsea and England football star visits the sick at Royal Marsden Hospital
- Black Friday sales bug hits Sutton
- Zebra crossing could be coming to Shotfield after councillors listen to residents
- Hackbridge petition calls for formal crossings to be reinstated
- Carshalton campaigner celebrates changes at stores as Tesco announces it will no longer display sexualised covers at eye level