The Environment Agency had warned people living in areas near the Wandle to be prepared for flooding but that has been lifted now that the water table has started to recede.
More than 2,000 homes had been identified as being at various levels of risk but that has now abated.
A map showing the areas of Sutton that were considered to be at risk
Storms on Friday night and Saturday wreaked havoc across the borough, felling 36 trees and damaging 16 others.
Flooding in Hackbridge
But weather forecasters say, although some rain is predicted this week, we have seen the last of the severe storms for now.
- Sutton Council agreed £18m property deal with firm linked to global corruption investigation
- Road sweeper kicks down door over fears woman trapped in Carshalton house fire
- Bell End and Brown Willy named UK's rudest place names - but does anywhere here make the top 10?
- Police issue warning over cash machines rigged by thieves
- Schoolboy found hanged in family home had interest in internet 'choking game'