Flood warning for for Carshalton, Beddington and Hackbridge lifted
The Environment Agency had warned people living in areas near the Wandle to be prepared for flooding but that has been lifted now that the water table has started to recede.
More than 2,000 homes had been identified as being at various levels of risk but that has now abated.
A map showing the areas of Sutton that were considered to be at risk
Storms on Friday night and Saturday wreaked havoc across the borough, felling 36 trees and damaging 16 others.
Flooding in Hackbridge
But weather forecasters say, although some rain is predicted this week, we have seen the last of the severe storms for now.
- Human bones found at house in Purley
- Rugby star's mum sentenced after years dodging fraud convictions
- Girl run over by boy racers has fractured skull and broken pelvis
- Campaigners start fight against plans to build on Overton Park
- Racial assault councillor in new blunder - but he will still not quit
Comments are closed on this article.