The Environment Agency had warned people living in areas near the Wandle to be prepared for flooding but that has been lifted now that the water table has started to recede.
More than 2,000 homes had been identified as being at various levels of risk but that has now abated.
A map showing the areas of Sutton that were considered to be at risk
Storms on Friday night and Saturday wreaked havoc across the borough, felling 36 trees and damaging 16 others.
Flooding in Hackbridge
But weather forecasters say, although some rain is predicted this week, we have seen the last of the severe storms for now.
- Top detective given rare award for bringing violent professional criminal to justice
- Chief sub gets muddy for mencap
- Pensioner Gloria Foster found dying on her bed after being left for nine days by carers
- Actors and directors heartbroken as Sutton's theatres face curtain call
- Council tax con-artists target people in Sutton