The Environment Agency had warned people living in areas near the Wandle to be prepared for flooding but that has been lifted now that the water table has started to recede.
More than 2,000 homes had been identified as being at various levels of risk but that has now abated.
A map showing the areas of Sutton that were considered to be at risk
Storms on Friday night and Saturday wreaked havoc across the borough, felling 36 trees and damaging 16 others.
Flooding in Hackbridge
But weather forecasters say, although some rain is predicted this week, we have seen the last of the severe storms for now.
- Pensioner died after wife accidentally reversed car into him at speed
- Morden friends of murdered grandmother Violet Price pay tribute to her
- Split in Sutton Tory ranks as councillor says he's no longer with 'em
- Funeral held for Colin Hall
- Ex-prison teacher facing jail after admitting "inappropriate relationship" with inmate