Flood warning for for Carshalton, Beddington and Hackbridge lifted
The Environment Agency had warned people living in areas near the Wandle to be prepared for flooding but that has been lifted now that the water table has started to recede.
More than 2,000 homes had been identified as being at various levels of risk but that has now abated.
A map showing the areas of Sutton that were considered to be at risk
Storms on Friday night and Saturday wreaked havoc across the borough, felling 36 trees and damaging 16 others.
Flooding in Hackbridge
But weather forecasters say, although some rain is predicted this week, we have seen the last of the severe storms for now.
- Conmen dupe 78-year-old woman out of nearly £3,000
- "I will stay here until they evict me"- says man at loggerheads with the council
- From charging at rioters to rescuing hamsters - outgoing top cop shares his stories
- Carshalton chicken shop hoodies attack vulnerable man
- Dog owner lies about address after attack in Carshalton Park
Comments are closed on this article.