Two lorry drivers were fined by police for breaking the weight limit on a residential street this morning.
The Beddington South safer neighbourhoods team fined two lorry drivers £50 each for breaking the 7.5tonne limit in Sandy Lane South, Wallington.
All lorries are required to display certificates or plates showing their maximum gross weight. The officers inspected these and found both lorries to be over the limit for the narrow street.
- 'Utterly devoted' boyfriend jailed for accidental killing of pregnant girlfriend
- Vandalized memorial repaired in time for Remembrance Service
- Your guide to Halloween events across Sutton
- Documentary on the privatization of the NHS to be aired
- Ghosts, screaming spirits and hauntings: Which are the most spooky places?