Two lorry drivers were fined by police for breaking the weight limit on a residential street this morning.
The Beddington South safer neighbourhoods team fined two lorry drivers £50 each for breaking the 7.5tonne limit in Sandy Lane South, Wallington.
All lorries are required to display certificates or plates showing their maximum gross weight. The officers inspected these and found both lorries to be over the limit for the narrow street.
- What's On: 10 reasons to go out this week in south London
- Sharp increase in council fines for parents whose children missed school
- Pensioner died after St Helier Hospital staff inserted feeding tube into lung in 'gross failure'
- 'Inexcusable, reprehensible and shameful': Sutton Council condemns Lib Dem who defrauded charity with forged cheques
- Children 'too afraid to go outside' after 4x4 ploughs through fence and lands inches away from house