Two lorry drivers were fined by police for breaking the weight limit on a residential street this morning.
The Beddington South safer neighbourhoods team fined two lorry drivers £50 each for breaking the 7.5tonne limit in Sandy Lane South, Wallington.
All lorries are required to display certificates or plates showing their maximum gross weight. The officers inspected these and found both lorries to be over the limit for the narrow street.
- Christmas joy: Tube and rail workers could walk out at same time in combined strike
- 'Catastrophic': Reaction as Heathrow Airport expansion gets go-ahead with government choosing third runway
- Dad who barricaded himself in Carshalton home with gas canisters 'wasn't going to blow house up'
- Man rushed to hospital after motorbike and car collide in Worcester Park
- High Street pub to hold fundraiser for regular punter's sister suffering with Multiple Sclerosis