Two lorry drivers were fined by police for breaking the weight limit on a residential street this morning.
The Beddington South safer neighbourhoods team fined two lorry drivers £50 each for breaking the 7.5tonne limit in Sandy Lane South, Wallington.
All lorries are required to display certificates or plates showing their maximum gross weight. The officers inspected these and found both lorries to be over the limit for the narrow street.
- Attempted armed robbery in Worcester Park
- Snowflakes fall in Sutton during afternoon showers
- Political candidates call on David Cameron to use his veto to protect the NHS
- Work begins on shopping centre renovation
- UPDATE: Met Office issue snow and ice warning across Greater London and Surrey