Two lorry drivers were fined by police for breaking the weight limit on a residential street this morning.
The Beddington South safer neighbourhoods team fined two lorry drivers £50 each for breaking the 7.5tonne limit in Sandy Lane South, Wallington.
All lorries are required to display certificates or plates showing their maximum gross weight. The officers inspected these and found both lorries to be over the limit for the narrow street.
- Dialysis manager 'Dodgy Hodgy' and fraudster friends sentenced for scamming hospital trust out of hundreds of thousands of pounds
- Southern launch appeal against High Court decision to refuse it preventing drivers' strikes
- Sadiq Khan accuses ministers of 'abandoning' Southern Rail passengers
- Jailed: Burglars who stole expensive cars and motorbikes across south London and Surrey
- New update means Uber can now track you until five minutes AFTER your ride is finished