Two lorry drivers were fined by police for breaking the weight limit on a residential street this morning.
The Beddington South safer neighbourhoods team fined two lorry drivers £50 each for breaking the 7.5tonne limit in Sandy Lane South, Wallington.
All lorries are required to display certificates or plates showing their maximum gross weight. The officers inspected these and found both lorries to be over the limit for the narrow street.
- WARNING: New phone scam leaves victims stung with hefty bills
- Pensioners loses £60,000 after falling for THOUSANDS of scam calls and letters
- Stand and deliver: will standing up in the office revolutionise our work?
- Conservative Mayoral hopeful pledges to look into Lee Valley Park tax on South West London boroughs
- Weather: Sunshine for bank holiday weekend