A man collapsed at a bus stop in Sutton High Street this morning.
Three ambulances were parked in the bus stop, next to Sutton Green, while paramedics tried to resuscitate the man on the pathway.
A spokesperson for the London Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 9.22am to Oakhill Road, Sutton, to reports of a man who had collapsed and stopped breathing.
“We sent an ambulance crew and single responder in a car to the scene.
“Extensive efforts were made to resuscitate the man - both at the scene and en route to St Helier Hospital.”
The police also attended the incident.
- Work begins on shopping centre renovation
- Warning of snow and ice across Greater London and Surrey
- Suspected cannabis factory smashed in early morning raids
- Caretaker to hang up his broom after 44 years serving Chaucer House in Sutton
- 'Massive bill' for Thames Water and another nightmare for south London commuters as leaks continue to pour into rail tunnel