Mystery dead couple found in Carshalton house identified as Howard and Josephine Sceales
Two dead bodies found in mysterious circumstances in a Carshalton terrace have been identified as Howard and Josephine Sceales.
The dead couple were found in their Mill Lane Terrace on February 15.
It is believed Mrs Sceales, 55, was acting as a carer for Mr Sceales, 69, but died leaving her husband with no-one to look after him.
Although the pair are thought to have lain dead for several weeks, police believe they died at a similar time.
Mr and Mrs Sceales' bodies were found after a concerned neighbour went to their door after not seeing them for some time.
When he arrived at the house he noticed flies at the window and called police.
Mrs Sceales' uncle, who asked not to be named, said: "We would like to thank the neighbour who shared concern for Josephine and her husband Howard.
"This has been a difficult time for us to grasp what has happened and we would like to be left in peace and dignity while we mourn."
Mr and Mrs Sceales' deaths have prompted calls for people to make an effort to check on their elderly or vulnerable neighbours.
The police investigation into the Sceales' deaths is ongoing but a neighbour said they believe Mrs Sceales was caring for her husband and her death led to his. Officers are not treating the deaths as suspicious.
Post mortem examinations were carried out on the bodies but proved inconclusive. If you have any information that could help, you can call police on 101.
- High street scheme recycles 40 tonnes of waste that would have been dumped in landfill
- Serial burglar finally snared after six year police hunt including BBC Crimewatch appearance
- Headteacher heckled at controversial sports dome meeting
- LIVE: Thousands of teenagers wake up to their GCSE results
- Hackbridge songwriter Tony Power releases album with his pop heroes from the past fifty years
Comments are closed on this article.