A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- Disgraced former councillor 'deeply sorry' for draining cash from local charity with forged cheques
- Driver who crashed into West Sutton house suffered epileptic seizure
- Interview: Ridley Scott’s son Luke prepares to hit the big time with directorial debut Morgan
- Police appeal to find missing woman from Wallington
- New scheme to give London prisoners free books inspired by borrowed copy of Catcher in the Rye