Woman in cricitcal condition after suffering cardiac arrest in busy North Cheam street
A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- Mum whose life was ruined by an attack from a violent thug is calling for his sentence to be reviewed
- Government denies 'crisis' at High Down Prison
- Anonymous donor steps in with £40,000 gift to save Sutton charity
- Tenants move vote of no confidence in Sutton Housing Partnership
- Man charged with murder of six-year-old girl