A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- Young doctor dying from skin cancer raises more than £20,000 for charity from his hospital bed
- Video issued in hunt for "heartless" hit-and-run motorcyclist who shouted at victim's unconscious body
- Bus stop wars as restaurant owners vow to fight new Sutton bus shelter
- Sutton's Community Safety Day for Older People heralded as a success
- Traders in Cloud 9 at launch of new website of Sutton and Carshalton shops