A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- Clapham Junction station evacuated after Vauxhall fire causes travel chaos
- Weather: Dry, warm and sunny spring day with maximum temperatures of 20 degrees celsius
- London Elects 2016: Everything you need to know as London gets a new Mayor and London Assembly
- 'Operation Juddering Climax': Boris promises Sutton tram extension in colourful sign-off message
- Filthy North Cheam food store fined £38,000 for hygiene breaches