A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- Sutton and Croydon's best and worst-performing schools revealed
- ‘I don’t think I’ll get a US visa’: Sutton MP has no regrets saying he would roast Donald Trump
- Woolly Hat Day 2017: We want photos of you in your favourite cosy headgear
- Two wanted in connection to burglary and series of thefts
- REVEALED: Which companies do you think are keeping their customers most satisfied?