Woman in cricitcal condition after suffering cardiac arrest in busy North Cheam street
A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- Carshalton and Wallington MP hails British Heart Foundation volunteers
- Tell Sutton Council what you think about advice and information services
- Spate of fires in Sutton 'started deliberately'
- Send us your pictures of sunny London and Surrey as warm weather finally arrives
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze