A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- St Nicholas Way reopened after sewer collapse closure
- BBC Teen Award for Sutton teenager
- VIDEO: 'Slippery tracks' disrupt trains across south London in aftermath of Hurricane Gonzalo
- Man pistol-whipped and tied up in late night break-in
- Car blaze causes heavy traffic in Morden and St Helier