A woman in her 70s has been taken to hospital in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest in North Cheam.
Paramedics were called to the junction of Gander Green Lane and London Road after the woman collapsed there shortly after 12.15pm.
The woman was taken to St Helier Hospital as a priority and her next of kin are at her bedside.
The road was closed for around an hour and traffic was diverted while ambulances were on the scene. The road has since reopened.
- Pregnant woman injured in Worcester Park crash
- Hundreds of passengers donate to fund for judicial review of Government's handling of Southern rail franchise
- You can work in London and save £450,000 buying a home - but there's a catch
- 10 tips to protect your home as Met Police launches crackdown on burglars ahead of winter months
- Is south London's nightlife 'under attack'? Fabric closure sparks debate into the future of capital's clubs and bars