The pedestrian who was seriously injured in a collision in Carshalton on Saturday has been identified and his family informed.
The man, who is an 80-year-old from Carshalton, was knocked down by a black Mercedes in Acre Lane just after 4pm on Saturday.
Initially police did not know who the injured man was and appealed for information about his identity. He has since been identified and his family have been made aware of his condition.
The driver of the black Mercedes 200 CLK stopped at the scene but has not been arrested.
The air ambulance was called but the man was taken by road to a south London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
Police are investigating the incident and anyone who saw anything can call police on 101 quoting reference CAD6256/1.
- Sutton Council agreed £18m property deal with firm linked to global corruption investigation
- Schoolboy found hanged in family home had interest in internet 'choking game'
- No-longer-legal highs: Everything you need to know about the ban
- Romeo and Juliet review: Esher's Lily James mesmerises in the West End
- Weather: Hot hot hot but don't get out the socks and sandals just yet, as weekend to be hit by rain