The pedestrian who was seriously injured in a collision in Carshalton on Saturday has been identified and his family informed.
The man, who is an 80-year-old from Carshalton, was knocked down by a black Mercedes in Acre Lane just after 4pm on Saturday.
Initially police did not know who the injured man was and appealed for information about his identity. He has since been identified and his family have been made aware of his condition.
The driver of the black Mercedes 200 CLK stopped at the scene but has not been arrested.
The air ambulance was called but the man was taken by road to a south London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
Police are investigating the incident and anyone who saw anything can call police on 101 quoting reference CAD6256/1.
- Man charged by police in connection with shop burglary spree
- Update: Disruption to train services across South West Trains network after faulty track
- Commercial Feature: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- Special needs students 'put through hell' as school fails to give them their GCSE results
- Mother of Syria soldier holds Help for Heroes fundraiser