People are being urged to be wary of scammers purporting to be police officers contacting them.
There have been several reports telephone or house callers who claim to be crime prevention officers.
But police have said say they would never cold call anyone to offer crime advice and have urged people not to speak to anyone who cannot provide official police ID.
One neighbour called police after receiving such a call on Friday, February 28.
If you receive a telephone call like this, call police on 101 immediately. If ,someone calls at your door offering crime prevention advice, do not let them in, shut the door and call police on 999. For crime prevention advice call police on 101 or visit metpolice.uk/sutton.
- Dust off your past and enjoy a visit from TV's Eric Knowles
- Dig around in the Wandle: Treasure hunt events coming up
- High Court judge refuses Beddington incinerator campaigner permission to appeal
- Man charged with raping 15-year-old girl in Grove Park Carshalton and two other offences
- Restorative justice champions Vi and Ray Donovan: "It must always be about the victims"