People are being urged to be wary of scammers purporting to be police officers contacting them.
There have been several reports telephone or house callers who claim to be crime prevention officers.
But police have said say they would never cold call anyone to offer crime advice and have urged people not to speak to anyone who cannot provide official police ID.
One neighbour called police after receiving such a call on Friday, February 28.
If you receive a telephone call like this, call police on 101 immediately. If ,someone calls at your door offering crime prevention advice, do not let them in, shut the door and call police on 999. For crime prevention advice call police on 101 or visit metpolice.uk/sutton.
- 'Traingate' - Hospital chief exec says "I don't think we misled anyone" over leak of super-site plans
- "Priceless" heirlooms stolen by smash and grab burglars in Beddington
- Road rage: have you been caught out by these temporary traffic lights getting stuck on red?
- Grass pile self-ignites on edge of nature reserve and school playing fields
- Empty cannabis factory burst into flames after unwitting engineer reconnected power supply