People are being urged to be wary of scammers purporting to be police officers contacting them.
There have been several reports telephone or house callers who claim to be crime prevention officers.
But police have said say they would never cold call anyone to offer crime advice and have urged people not to speak to anyone who cannot provide official police ID.
One neighbour called police after receiving such a call on Friday, February 28.
If you receive a telephone call like this, call police on 101 immediately. If ,someone calls at your door offering crime prevention advice, do not let them in, shut the door and call police on 999. For crime prevention advice call police on 101 or visit metpolice.uk/sutton.
- Teenage girl fends off attempted abduction
- Man exposes himself to woman while out in Beddington Park
- Special needs pupils complete five day sailing expedition for Duke of Edinburgh award
- Winners of our Young Reporter scheme for 2015 celebrated at awards
- Whoops! - You olny had one job...