People are being urged to be wary of scammers purporting to be police officers contacting them.
There have been several reports telephone or house callers who claim to be crime prevention officers.
But police have said say they would never cold call anyone to offer crime advice and have urged people not to speak to anyone who cannot provide official police ID.
One neighbour called police after receiving such a call on Friday, February 28.
If you receive a telephone call like this, call police on 101 immediately. If ,someone calls at your door offering crime prevention advice, do not let them in, shut the door and call police on 999. For crime prevention advice call police on 101 or visit metpolice.uk/sutton.
- Police search River Wandle for guns after cars stopped by armed police
- ‘It’s OAP’s 11’ – The Hatton Garden Job's director and producer tell us what to expect from the film
- Drugs gang ordered to cough up £240,000 or face longer jail terms
- This is how to beat the deadly effect of sitting at a desk all day - and, no, it's not the gym
- Lloyds Bank to close 200 branches and cut 3,000 jobs after Brexit fallout