More than 30 firefighters had to deal with a blaze that gutted a dry cleaning warehouse in Sutton yesterday.
Six fire engines were called to the fire in a two floor warehouse in Minden Road of Kimpton Park Way just after 6am on Tuesday, March 13.
The fire was under control by 7.25am but crews remained on the scene to make sure the fire was completely out.
A spokesman for London Fire Brigade said the building's sprinkler system helped reduce the effects of the fire but said it destroyed 25 per cent of the ground floor and 20 per cent of the fist floor as well as damaging an adjacent building.
No-one was hurt.
- Pie on their faces! Sutton United forced to play defender in goal after Wayne Shaw sacking
- Thousands of children at schools across south London breathing dangerous toxic air
- Transport Secretary Chris Grayling warns Londoners to think twice about buying diesel cars
- Sutton children’s services rated ‘good’
- Whose land is it anyway? Anger over 'filthy' fly tipping in conservation area that no one takes responsibility for