More than 30 firefighters had to deal with a blaze that gutted a dry cleaning warehouse in Sutton yesterday.
Six fire engines were called to the fire in a two floor warehouse in Minden Road of Kimpton Park Way just after 6am on Tuesday, March 13.
The fire was under control by 7.25am but crews remained on the scene to make sure the fire was completely out.
A spokesman for London Fire Brigade said the building's sprinkler system helped reduce the effects of the fire but said it destroyed 25 per cent of the ground floor and 20 per cent of the fist floor as well as damaging an adjacent building.
No-one was hurt.
- Inquest of pensioner Gloria Foster left to die by Surrey Council due to begin
- Council tax con-artists target people in Sutton
- Sutton Community Farm receives £10,000 funding
- Special needs students waited a week for GCSE results after school put wrong stamps on envelopes
- Dog bites land five people a week in Epsom and St Helier A&Es