More than 30 firefighters on the scene as fire guts Sutton dry cleaning warehouse
More than 30 firefighters had to deal with a blaze that gutted a dry cleaning warehouse in Sutton yesterday.
Six fire engines were called to the fire in a two floor warehouse in Minden Road of Kimpton Park Way just after 6am on Tuesday, March 13.
The fire was under control by 7.25am but crews remained on the scene to make sure the fire was completely out.
A spokesman for London Fire Brigade said the building's sprinkler system helped reduce the effects of the fire but said it destroyed 25 per cent of the ground floor and 20 per cent of the fist floor as well as damaging an adjacent building.
No-one was hurt.
- Jewellery stolen from house as parent picks up child from nursery
- Doctor who sent racist messages to face fitness-to-practice tribunal over new minor allegation
- Number of GCSE results in Sutton between A* to C falls by 17 per cent on last year
- High street scheme recycles 40 tonnes of waste that would have been dumped in landfill
- Serial burglar finally snared after six year police hunt including BBC Crimewatch appearance
Comments are closed on this article.