More than 30 firefighters had to deal with a blaze that gutted a dry cleaning warehouse in Sutton yesterday.
Six fire engines were called to the fire in a two floor warehouse in Minden Road of Kimpton Park Way just after 6am on Tuesday, March 13.
The fire was under control by 7.25am but crews remained on the scene to make sure the fire was completely out.
A spokesman for London Fire Brigade said the building's sprinkler system helped reduce the effects of the fire but said it destroyed 25 per cent of the ground floor and 20 per cent of the fist floor as well as damaging an adjacent building.
No-one was hurt.
- Murder of six-year-old Ellie Butler warrants public inquiry, says coroner
- Commuter hell: See if you're travelling to work on one of the most overcrowded trains in the country
- RMT rail union announces five-day train strike in dispute with Southern
- Immigration arrests at Byron burger restaurants across London
- Police search River Wandle for guns after cars stopped by armed police