More than 30 firefighters had to deal with a blaze that gutted a dry cleaning warehouse in Sutton yesterday.
Six fire engines were called to the fire in a two floor warehouse in Minden Road of Kimpton Park Way just after 6am on Tuesday, March 13.
The fire was under control by 7.25am but crews remained on the scene to make sure the fire was completely out.
A spokesman for London Fire Brigade said the building's sprinkler system helped reduce the effects of the fire but said it destroyed 25 per cent of the ground floor and 20 per cent of the fist floor as well as damaging an adjacent building.
No-one was hurt.
- Disgraced former councillor 'deeply sorry' for draining cash from local charity with forged cheques
- Driver who crashed into West Sutton house suffered epileptic seizure
- Interview: Ridley Scott’s son Luke prepares to hit the big time with directorial debut Morgan
- Police appeal to find missing woman from Wallington
- New scheme to give London prisoners free books inspired by borrowed copy of Catcher in the Rye