Celebrity supporters including actors Nathaniel Parker and Larry Lamb and pop stars Richard and Fred Fairbrass will be joining thousands of other walkers for this year’s Marsden March.
The 5,000 walkers taking part on Sunday (March 16) will be greeted at the start line by Royal Marsden clinicians who will tell the crowds the huge difference Royal Marsden Cancer Charity money makes to their work and the patients they treat.
It is hoped the walk will reach the £1m mark in sponsorship yet again.
Royal Marsden’s medical director Professor Martin Gore said: “Every pound raised enables us to go that extra mile for our patients and helps us provide the very best for every patient who comes through our doors.”
The 14-mile Marsden March starts at the hospital in Chelsea.
The five-mile walk starts at King George Playing Fields, in Raynes Park and finishes at the Sutton hospital, in Downs Road, along with the 14- mile walkers.
- Rare albino baby squirrel being prepared for release into the wild
- Man's shock as drone crash-lands in his garden
- Debenhams in Sutton High Street closed for filming of 2014 Christmas advert
- Man rescues woman being sexually assaulted in shop doorway
- Train faults lead to disruption to rush hour commuters on First Capital Connect services