Police have joined forces with council officers to stop the misuse of disabled parking bays in Sutton.
They will carry out regular patrols in the town centre together to find drivers who park in the spaces while using another person’s badge, a stolen badge or without any badge at all.
During their first operation last Wednesday (March 5) they found several drivers who were misusing badges.
Sutton Council's environment and neighbourhood committee chairwoman Councillor Jill Whitehead said: “People who misuse the blue badge scheme deprive vulnerable people of parking and this is both illegal and unfair.
"We want to ensure that the blue badge system is being used fairly and we hope highlighting these cases help get that message across."
- Pensioner died after St Helier Hospital staff inserted feeding tube into lung in 'gross failure'
- 'Inexcusable, reprehensible and shameful': Sutton Council condemns Lib Dem who defrauded charity with forged cheques
- Children 'too afraid to go outside' after 4x4 ploughs through fence and lands inches away from house
- Stations to shut this bank holiday weekend for major engineering works
- Concern for missing Carshalton man