Police have joined forces with council officers to stop the misuse of disabled parking bays in Sutton.
They will carry out regular patrols in the town centre together to find drivers who park in the spaces while using another person’s badge, a stolen badge or without any badge at all.
During their first operation last Wednesday (March 5) they found several drivers who were misusing badges.
Sutton Council's environment and neighbourhood committee chairwoman Councillor Jill Whitehead said: “People who misuse the blue badge scheme deprive vulnerable people of parking and this is both illegal and unfair.
"We want to ensure that the blue badge system is being used fairly and we hope highlighting these cases help get that message across."
- TfL reverses firm £100m commitment to extending tram network to Sutton
- How to beat norovirus: What to do if you get dreaded vomiting bug
- Southern loses High Court bid to block series of drivers' strikes
- REVEALED: Most and least recycling-friendly London boroughs
- Get fit with these 11 exercise classes to try out this winter - for FREE