Police have joined forces with council officers to stop the misuse of disabled parking bays in Sutton.
They will carry out regular patrols in the town centre together to find drivers who park in the spaces while using another person’s badge, a stolen badge or without any badge at all.
During their first operation last Wednesday (March 5) they found several drivers who were misusing badges.
Sutton Council's environment and neighbourhood committee chairwoman Councillor Jill Whitehead said: “People who misuse the blue badge scheme deprive vulnerable people of parking and this is both illegal and unfair.
"We want to ensure that the blue badge system is being used fairly and we hope highlighting these cases help get that message across."
- 'World-class' London Cancer Hub moves a step closer as councillors approve provisional plans
- National Front campaigner from Sutton to contest seat of murdered Labour MP Jo Cox
- Sadiq Khan 'forced out Met commissioner in show of power,' claims London Assembly member in sensational attack on Mayor
- REVEALED: Where does your London borough rank on the happiness scale?
- Tube chat falls flat: Londoners unimpressed by badge campaign to get people talking to each other on public transport