Police have joined forces with council officers to stop the misuse of disabled parking bays in Sutton.
They will carry out regular patrols in the town centre together to find drivers who park in the spaces while using another person’s badge, a stolen badge or without any badge at all.
During their first operation last Wednesday (March 5) they found several drivers who were misusing badges.
Sutton Council's environment and neighbourhood committee chairwoman Councillor Jill Whitehead said: “People who misuse the blue badge scheme deprive vulnerable people of parking and this is both illegal and unfair.
"We want to ensure that the blue badge system is being used fairly and we hope highlighting these cases help get that message across."
- Two central Sutton Post Offices will merge into one
- Worcester Park man jailed for ammonia attack on clubbers
- "Prisons are being reduced to warehouses": Company pulls the plug on contract to educate inmates at High Down
- Dramatic car fire captured on video
- "Epsom would be welcomed into London with open arms", says Sutton and Croydon Assembly Member