Police have joined forces with council officers to stop the misuse of disabled parking bays in Sutton.
They will carry out regular patrols in the town centre together to find drivers who park in the spaces while using another person’s badge, a stolen badge or without any badge at all.
During their first operation last Wednesday (March 5) they found several drivers who were misusing badges.
Sutton Council's environment and neighbourhood committee chairwoman Councillor Jill Whitehead said: “People who misuse the blue badge scheme deprive vulnerable people of parking and this is both illegal and unfair.
"We want to ensure that the blue badge system is being used fairly and we hope highlighting these cases help get that message across."
- Pensioner died after wife accidentally reversed car into him at speed
- Morden friends of murdered grandmother Violet Price pay tribute to her
- Split in Sutton Tory ranks as councillor says he's no longer with 'em
- Funeral held for Colin Hall
- Ex-prison teacher facing jail after admitting "inappropriate relationship" with inmate