Police have joined forces with council officers to stop the misuse of disabled parking bays in Sutton.
They will carry out regular patrols in the town centre together to find drivers who park in the spaces while using another person’s badge, a stolen badge or without any badge at all.
During their first operation last Wednesday (March 5) they found several drivers who were misusing badges.
Sutton Council's environment and neighbourhood committee chairwoman Councillor Jill Whitehead said: “People who misuse the blue badge scheme deprive vulnerable people of parking and this is both illegal and unfair.
"We want to ensure that the blue badge system is being used fairly and we hope highlighting these cases help get that message across."
- Super-sized SLUGS coming to gardens thanks to mild winter weather
- Bank Holiday engineering work to be "least disruptive" of recent years as National Rail warn passengers to check before travel
- Bank Holiday Weekend weather: enjoy the sun while it lasts as Monday is set to be a washout
- Primary school children treat themselves to healthy hamper
- WARNING: New phone scam leaves victims stung with hefty bills