A parliamentary hopeful has launched a competition to try and find people’s favourite boozer.
By voting people will be able to say thank you to their local for providing an excellent service and they also stand a chance of winning £100 to spend in the winning pub.
Mr Scully is the Conservative candidate for the Sutton and Cheam constituency in next year’s general election.
He said: “With many pubs across the country closing for business, Sutton, Cheam & Worcester Park Pub of the Year 2014 aims to celebrate the value of pubs as a community hub, reward the hard work of local pub employees, and enable residents to express their support for their favourite meeting spots.
“There are plenty of great pubs and bars for families and friends to enjoy a responsible drink and good food and they are the places that I want to showcase over the next few weeks.”
Go to suttonlocal.org.uk to vote.
- Leading Sutton scientist says 'we are effed' now Britain voted Brexit
- Number of 'paupers' funerals' held by Sutton Council doubled last year
- Drivers taken to hospital following crash
- Monday’s weather: A cloudy morning will give way to an afternoon of sunshine across south west London and north Surrey
- What's On: 13 reasons to go out this week in south London