Thieves could be caught by the long arm of the lawn after stealing a 15m strip of artificial grass from a sports centre.
The Astro Turf had been delivered to Sutton Tennis Club as part of the refurbishment of the Rose Hill venue.
The thieves used wire cutters to get through the perimeter fence before taking a 15m strip from a 40m length of artificial grass between 10.30pm on Tuesday and 11am on Wednesday.
The turf is worth around £1,000 but has no distinctive markings.
If you have been offered any discounted Astro Turf or know of its whereabouts, you can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Sutton man charged with House of Commons outburst after marbles were thrown toward MPs
- Primary school headteacher receives more than £200,000 a year
- Vicar charged with sex and child cruelty offences after investigation into 'spanking'
- Boris Johnson's new 'crime dashboard' promises to help Londoners track crime in their neighbourhood
- VIDEO: Stolen luxury cars from London and Surrey found stuffed inside crates to be shipped overseas