Carshalton and Wallington MP Tom Brake said plans to increase the amount people earn before tax by £500 to £10,500 will put an average of £100 back in 39,700 of the area's taxpayers' pockets.
He said: "This tax cut is the real budget boost for working people and would not have happened without Lib Dems in Government creating a stronger economy and a fairer society.
"As was clear during George Osborne’s statement, the Tories are desperate to claim credit, but in reality their focus is not on helping ordinary people but more on changes such as an inheritance tax cuts for millionaires which we blocked, while Labour have a history of economic misery.
“This was on the front page of our manifesto. We are also helping people with a freeze on fuel duty and new tax-free childcare to help parents.”
- Live: Sadiq Khan is new London Mayor after fight for top City Hall job
- Sadiq Khan beats Zac Goldsmith to become the new Mayor of London
- Ben Butler trial: Six-year-old's parents complained of being 'victimised' after school staff raised concerns about repeated absences
- Conservatives hold Croydon and Sutton GLA seat with increased majority
- Minister jailed for six years for spanking parishioners for sexual pleasure and claiming he was 'releasing evil spirits'