Carshalton and Wallington MP Tom Brake said plans to increase the amount people earn before tax by £500 to £10,500 will put an average of £100 back in 39,700 of the area's taxpayers' pockets.
He said: "This tax cut is the real budget boost for working people and would not have happened without Lib Dems in Government creating a stronger economy and a fairer society.
"As was clear during George Osborne’s statement, the Tories are desperate to claim credit, but in reality their focus is not on helping ordinary people but more on changes such as an inheritance tax cuts for millionaires which we blocked, while Labour have a history of economic misery.
“This was on the front page of our manifesto. We are also helping people with a freeze on fuel duty and new tax-free childcare to help parents.”
- Live boxing: all the action from Anthony Joshua's world title fight at The O2
- Would you live in an independent London city-state under President Sadiq Khan? 'Londependence' petition passes 110,000 signatures
- Mayor Sadiq Khan to London's EU migrants: 'You are welcome here'
- EU referendum voters queued for "hours" waiting for Sutton Council to fix technical glitch
- EU Referendum 2016: As Britain votes to leave, how did your borough vote in south west London and north Surrey?