Carshalton and Wallington MP Tom Brake said plans to increase the amount people earn before tax by £500 to £10,500 will put an average of £100 back in 39,700 of the area's taxpayers' pockets.
He said: "This tax cut is the real budget boost for working people and would not have happened without Lib Dems in Government creating a stronger economy and a fairer society.
"As was clear during George Osborne’s statement, the Tories are desperate to claim credit, but in reality their focus is not on helping ordinary people but more on changes such as an inheritance tax cuts for millionaires which we blocked, while Labour have a history of economic misery.
“This was on the front page of our manifesto. We are also helping people with a freeze on fuel duty and new tax-free childcare to help parents.”
- UPDATE: 'Significant and substantial' sentence for paedophile doctor who spied on more than 1000 hospital patients and staff as they used the toilet
- Christmas crime prevention initiative launched in Sutton
- Family of Robbie Hughes complain to Met Police after officers start business with thug who attacked him
- Cheam songstress set to perform alongside Christina Perri
- Manhole fire outside St Helier Hospital forces road closures