Carshalton and Wallington MP Tom Brake said plans to increase the amount people earn before tax by £500 to £10,500 will put an average of £100 back in 39,700 of the area's taxpayers' pockets.
He said: "This tax cut is the real budget boost for working people and would not have happened without Lib Dems in Government creating a stronger economy and a fairer society.
"As was clear during George Osborne’s statement, the Tories are desperate to claim credit, but in reality their focus is not on helping ordinary people but more on changes such as an inheritance tax cuts for millionaires which we blocked, while Labour have a history of economic misery.
“This was on the front page of our manifesto. We are also helping people with a freeze on fuel duty and new tax-free childcare to help parents.”
- Man pistol-whipped and tied up in late night break-in
- Car blaze causes heavy traffic in Morden and St Helier
- Hurricane Gonzalo not expected to devastate south London and Surrey
- Children's centres budgets slashed by 14%
- Burglars cover their tracks by pouring bleach over floor of Cheam home after stealing heirlooms