Carshalton and Wallington MP Tom Brake said plans to increase the amount people earn before tax by £500 to £10,500 will put an average of £100 back in 39,700 of the area's taxpayers' pockets.
He said: "This tax cut is the real budget boost for working people and would not have happened without Lib Dems in Government creating a stronger economy and a fairer society.
"As was clear during George Osborne’s statement, the Tories are desperate to claim credit, but in reality their focus is not on helping ordinary people but more on changes such as an inheritance tax cuts for millionaires which we blocked, while Labour have a history of economic misery.
“This was on the front page of our manifesto. We are also helping people with a freeze on fuel duty and new tax-free childcare to help parents.”
- Primary school pupil 'a broken little boy' after being assaulted by member of staff
- Missing boy, 15, found at friends house after two weeks
- This is what the 'Waitrose effect' can do to the value of your home
- Star Trek: Beyond review - 'an action-packed nostalgic treat'
- WEATHER: Sunny weather to brighten up the Monday morning blues