Tories taking credit for Lib Dem tax cuts in budget, claims Carshalton and Wallington MP Tom Brake
Carshalton and Wallington MP Tom Brake said plans to increase the amount people earn before tax by £500 to £10,500 will put an average of £100 back in 39,700 of the area's taxpayers' pockets.
He said: "This tax cut is the real budget boost for working people and would not have happened without Lib Dems in Government creating a stronger economy and a fairer society.
"As was clear during George Osborne’s statement, the Tories are desperate to claim credit, but in reality their focus is not on helping ordinary people but more on changes such as an inheritance tax cuts for millionaires which we blocked, while Labour have a history of economic misery.
“This was on the front page of our manifesto. We are also helping people with a freeze on fuel duty and new tax-free childcare to help parents.”
- Fire breaks out in Bedzed flats in Hackbridge
- Officers take to the pitch for Cheam football scheme
- Police appeal for musician who left their flute outside a Sutton pub to come forward
- Have you seen this man?: Worcester Park robber on the run after escaping from police during hospital visit
- Your chance to help Sutton Council decide how cuts are made at public meeting
Comments are closed on this article.