Carshalton and Wallington MP Tom Brake said plans to increase the amount people earn before tax by £500 to £10,500 will put an average of £100 back in 39,700 of the area's taxpayers' pockets.
He said: "This tax cut is the real budget boost for working people and would not have happened without Lib Dems in Government creating a stronger economy and a fairer society.
"As was clear during George Osborne’s statement, the Tories are desperate to claim credit, but in reality their focus is not on helping ordinary people but more on changes such as an inheritance tax cuts for millionaires which we blocked, while Labour have a history of economic misery.
“This was on the front page of our manifesto. We are also helping people with a freeze on fuel duty and new tax-free childcare to help parents.”
- Students aim to have health app created as part of national competition
- Dust off your past and enjoy a visit from TV's Eric Knowles
- Dig around in the Wandle: Treasure hunt events coming up
- High Court judge refuses Beddington incinerator campaigner permission to appeal
- Man charged with raping 15-year-old girl in Grove Park Carshalton and two other offences