Tories taking credit for Lib Dem tax cuts in budget, claims Carshalton and Wallington MP Tom Brake
Carshalton and Wallington MP Tom Brake said plans to increase the amount people earn before tax by £500 to £10,500 will put an average of £100 back in 39,700 of the area's taxpayers' pockets.
He said: "This tax cut is the real budget boost for working people and would not have happened without Lib Dems in Government creating a stronger economy and a fairer society.
"As was clear during George Osborne’s statement, the Tories are desperate to claim credit, but in reality their focus is not on helping ordinary people but more on changes such as an inheritance tax cuts for millionaires which we blocked, while Labour have a history of economic misery.
“This was on the front page of our manifesto. We are also helping people with a freeze on fuel duty and new tax-free childcare to help parents.”
- Crunch time looms for Sutton Life Centre
- Sunset Cinema is coming to a high street near you
- Sutton council accused of censorship in 'propaganda' row
- War weapons and medals stolen in Sutton burglary
- Husband who assaulted wife at tram stop in Mitcham must do unpaid work and pay fine
Comments are closed on this article.