Carshalton and Wallington MP Tom Brake said plans to increase the amount people earn before tax by £500 to £10,500 will put an average of £100 back in 39,700 of the area's taxpayers' pockets.
He said: "This tax cut is the real budget boost for working people and would not have happened without Lib Dems in Government creating a stronger economy and a fairer society.
"As was clear during George Osborne’s statement, the Tories are desperate to claim credit, but in reality their focus is not on helping ordinary people but more on changes such as an inheritance tax cuts for millionaires which we blocked, while Labour have a history of economic misery.
“This was on the front page of our manifesto. We are also helping people with a freeze on fuel duty and new tax-free childcare to help parents.”
- Borough's best honoured at awards event
- U’s chairman hits out at media coverage following historic FA Cup tie against Arsenal
- Rosehill man indicates guilty plea to creating indecent images of children
- REVEALED: These are the places where you're most (and least) likely to pass your driving test in London
- Send your Pancake Day photos - and flip through these facts, recipes ideas and top tips