The union representing post office workers is calling on people to help save a Sutton branch.
The Post Office plans to close the branch in the St Nicholas Centre off Sutton High Street and merge it with the Grove Road branch.
But the Communication Workers' Union (CWU) has raised fears this will cause difficulties for disabled and elderly people and businesses that use the branch and cost experienced staff their jobs.
The Post Office began a public consultation on the plan in January that runs until April 2.
To encourage people to take part, the CWU is holding an event today where people will be able to find out about what they can do to keep the post office in Sutton High Street open.
The event takes place from 4.30pm to 8.30pm at Sutton Salvation Army Church & Community Centre in Benhill Avenue.
- London Victoria services delayed due to earlier broken down train
- Borrow, fix and mend during Waste Less Live More Week
- Disappearance of "very intelligent" Ewell family man completely out of character, says friend
- Poll results: Our readers back Scotland No vote
- Sisters to take on night walk in memory of their brother diagnosed days before a half-marathon