The union representing post office workers is calling on people to help save a Sutton branch.
The Post Office plans to close the branch in the St Nicholas Centre off Sutton High Street and merge it with the Grove Road branch.
But the Communication Workers' Union (CWU) has raised fears this will cause difficulties for disabled and elderly people and businesses that use the branch and cost experienced staff their jobs.
The Post Office began a public consultation on the plan in January that runs until April 2.
To encourage people to take part, the CWU is holding an event today where people will be able to find out about what they can do to keep the post office in Sutton High Street open.
The event takes place from 4.30pm to 8.30pm at Sutton Salvation Army Church & Community Centre in Benhill Avenue.
- Dialysis manager 'Dodgy Hodgy' and fraudster friends sentenced for scamming hospital trust out of hundreds of thousands of pounds
- Southern launch appeal against High Court decision to refuse it preventing drivers' strikes
- Sadiq Khan accuses ministers of 'abandoning' Southern Rail passengers
- Jailed: Burglars who stole expensive cars and motorbikes across south London and Surrey
- New update means Uber can now track you until five minutes AFTER your ride is finished