The union representing post office workers is calling on people to help save a Sutton branch.
The Post Office plans to close the branch in the St Nicholas Centre off Sutton High Street and merge it with the Grove Road branch.
But the Communication Workers' Union (CWU) has raised fears this will cause difficulties for disabled and elderly people and businesses that use the branch and cost experienced staff their jobs.
The Post Office began a public consultation on the plan in January that runs until April 2.
To encourage people to take part, the CWU is holding an event today where people will be able to find out about what they can do to keep the post office in Sutton High Street open.
The event takes place from 4.30pm to 8.30pm at Sutton Salvation Army Church & Community Centre in Benhill Avenue.
- Dust off your past and enjoy a visit from TV's Eric Knowles
- Dig around in the Wandle: Treasure hunt events coming up
- High Court judge refuses Beddington incinerator campaigner permission to appeal
- Man charged with raping 15-year-old girl in Grove Park Carshalton and two other offences
- Restorative justice champions Vi and Ray Donovan: "It must always be about the victims"