The union representing post office workers is calling on people to help save a Sutton branch.
The Post Office plans to close the branch in the St Nicholas Centre off Sutton High Street and merge it with the Grove Road branch.
But the Communication Workers' Union (CWU) has raised fears this will cause difficulties for disabled and elderly people and businesses that use the branch and cost experienced staff their jobs.
The Post Office began a public consultation on the plan in January that runs until April 2.
To encourage people to take part, the CWU is holding an event today where people will be able to find out about what they can do to keep the post office in Sutton High Street open.
The event takes place from 4.30pm to 8.30pm at Sutton Salvation Army Church & Community Centre in Benhill Avenue.
- Man due in court after supermarket robbery
- Sutton Council appoints news mayor
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Two companies likely to provide waste collection in four boroughs
- Three-car crash during peak hour in Sutton