Drugs officers raided a house and arrested a man they found having a quiet snooze in a summer house.
Police visited the house in Middleton Road, Carshalton, last week after receiving a tip-off from neighbours who thought drug activity was taking place.
Officers approach the property from the rear
Teams of officers approached the property from the front and from open ground to the rear. After a through search of the house and the back garden they found a 31-year-old man sleeping in a summer house alongside a container of drugs, believed to cannabis.
He was arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply and has been bailed while police continue their investigations.
PC Jeff Turner, who led the operation, praised members of the public for supplying the information that led to the arrest.
Suspected drugs found in the summer house
Sergeant Ashley Bennetts added: "We want to encourage residents to tell us if they suspect drugs cultivation or dealing in their neighbourhoods. We will treat all such reports seriously and will put a stop to these activities."
If you think someone may be involved in drug activity in your area, you can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. If you see any suspect activity, call police on 999.
- Dialysis manager 'Dodgy Hodgy' and fraudster friends sentenced for scamming hospital trust out of hundreds of thousands of pounds
- Southern launch appeal against High Court decision to refuse it preventing drivers' strikes
- Sadiq Khan accuses ministers of 'abandoning' Southern Rail passengers
- Jailed: Burglars who stole expensive cars and motorbikes across south London and Surrey
- New update means Uber can now track you until five minutes AFTER your ride is finished