Drugs officers raided a house and arrested a man they found having a quiet snooze in a summer house.
Police visited the house in Middleton Road, Carshalton, last week after receiving a tip-off from neighbours who thought drug activity was taking place.
Officers approach the property from the rear
Teams of officers approached the property from the front and from open ground to the rear. After a through search of the house and the back garden they found a 31-year-old man sleeping in a summer house alongside a container of drugs, believed to cannabis.
He was arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply and has been bailed while police continue their investigations.
PC Jeff Turner, who led the operation, praised members of the public for supplying the information that led to the arrest.
Suspected drugs found in the summer house
Sergeant Ashley Bennetts added: "We want to encourage residents to tell us if they suspect drugs cultivation or dealing in their neighbourhoods. We will treat all such reports seriously and will put a stop to these activities."
If you think someone may be involved in drug activity in your area, you can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. If you see any suspect activity, call police on 999.
- Child hit by motorcyclist at pedestrian crossing
- Fire fighters come out in force for training exercise at Sutton Hospital
- Lawn and order: Picnickers fight back at moves to block use of public gardens
- Sutton man charged with House of Commons outburst after marbles were thrown toward MPs
- Primary school headteacher paid more than £200,000 a year