Firefighters had to rescue a man from a burning flat in Cheam yesterday evening.
Several fire crews, police and paramedics attended the flat in Station Approach after the fire broke out shortly after 7pm.
A man who lived in the third-floor flat had to be rescued and taken to hospital for treatment for burns and smoke inhalation.
Police are still on the scene and the flat has been cordoned off pending a full investigation by the London Fire Brigade.
The scene yesterday evening (Pic by Julia from Chloe Boutique and Hat Hire)
- Thousands of pro-EU protesters take to the streets
- Westminster attack: Family of murdered officer thank police and public for support
- WATCH: Wayne Shaw demolishes huge Tex-Mex food challenge in record time
- Westminster terror attack 'over within 82 seconds'
- Don't forget to change your clocks this weekend