Firefighters had to rescue a man from a burning flat in Cheam yesterday evening.
Several fire crews, police and paramedics attended the flat in Station Approach after the fire broke out shortly after 7pm.
A man who lived in the third-floor flat had to be rescued and taken to hospital for treatment for burns and smoke inhalation.
Police are still on the scene and the flat has been cordoned off pending a full investigation by the London Fire Brigade.
The scene yesterday evening (Pic by Julia from Chloe Boutique and Hat Hire)
- Vicar charged with sex and child cruelty offences after investigation into 'spanking'
- Boris Johnson's new 'crime dashboard' promises to help Londoners track crime in their neighbourhood
- VIDEO: Stolen luxury cars from London and Surrey found stuffed inside crates to be shipped overseas
- Popular student stepped in front of breakdown truck, inquest hears
- St Nicholas Way reopened after sewer collapse closure