Firefighters had to rescue a man from a burning flat in Cheam yesterday evening.
Several fire crews, police and paramedics attended the flat in Station Approach after the fire broke out shortly after 7pm.
A man who lived in the third-floor flat had to be rescued and taken to hospital for treatment for burns and smoke inhalation.
Police are still on the scene and the flat has been cordoned off pending a full investigation by the London Fire Brigade.
The scene yesterday evening (Pic by Julia from Chloe Boutique and Hat Hire)
- Sutton children’s services rated ‘good’
- Whose land is it anyway? Anger over 'filthy' fly tipping in conservation area that no one takes responsibility for
- Victorian bridges in Hackbridge to be demolished
- FEATURE: Is enough being done to tackle air pollution?
- World Cup winner Sir Geoff Hurst and Arsenal great Martin Keown visit amateur Worcester Park football club