Firefighters had to rescue a man from a burning flat in Cheam yesterday evening.
Several fire crews, police and paramedics attended the flat in Station Approach after the fire broke out shortly after 7pm.
A man who lived in the third-floor flat had to be rescued and taken to hospital for treatment for burns and smoke inhalation.
Police are still on the scene and the flat has been cordoned off pending a full investigation by the London Fire Brigade.
The scene yesterday evening (Pic by Julia from Chloe Boutique and Hat Hire)
- Teenage girl missing for five days found safe and well in Tooting
- Sprinkling of snow falls in south west London and north Surrey
- Concerns growing for missing teenager last seen in Sutton
- Pregnant woman trapped in burning building rescued by firefighters
- Attempted armed robbery in Worcester Park