Firefighters had to rescue a man from a burning flat in Cheam yesterday evening.
Several fire crews, police and paramedics attended the flat in Station Approach after the fire broke out shortly after 7pm.
A man who lived in the third-floor flat had to be rescued and taken to hospital for treatment for burns and smoke inhalation.
Police are still on the scene and the flat has been cordoned off pending a full investigation by the London Fire Brigade.
The scene yesterday evening (Pic by Julia from Chloe Boutique and Hat Hire)
- Disgraced former councillor 'deeply sorry' for draining cash from local charity with forged cheques
- Driver who crashed into West Sutton house suffered epileptic seizure
- Interview: Ridley Scott’s son Luke prepares to hit the big time with directorial debut Morgan
- Police appeal to find missing woman from Wallington
- New scheme to give London prisoners free books inspired by borrowed copy of Catcher in the Rye