Firefighters had to rescue a man from a burning flat in Cheam yesterday evening.
Several fire crews, police and paramedics attended the flat in Station Approach after the fire broke out shortly after 7pm.
A man who lived in the third-floor flat had to be rescued and taken to hospital for treatment for burns and smoke inhalation.
Police are still on the scene and the flat has been cordoned off pending a full investigation by the London Fire Brigade.
The scene yesterday evening (Pic by Julia from Chloe Boutique and Hat Hire)
- Hit-and-run thug who mowed down and killed policeman caught playing Xbox Live in prison 'using Cop Killer tag'
- Commuters face travel chaos as Southern Rail cancels more than 1,000 services due to strike
- How many times a day do train companys say sorry? Southern apologises to angry passengers more than any other, closely followed by Southeastern
- POLL: Heavy fog sets in across Sutton and Croydon - which place is it in our very grey picture?
- Research shows two-thirds of pet owners miss out on travel because of separation anxiety