Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- Man rushed to hospital following attack in Sutton High Street
- Londoners urged to have say on how firefighters deal with terrorism in the wake of Paris attacks
- Police search for missing Sutton man
- Rail fare hike arrives on time unlike many trains
- Richmond by-election reaction: Brake no longer Olney Lib Dem in the city