Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- UPDATE: Lorry spillage causes TWO crashes on A23 Purley Way
- Motorcyclist suffers leg injuries in Sutton Common crash
- POLL: Ahead of Article 50 triggering Brexit, how would you vote if EU referendum was held NOW?
- NEW POUND COIN: Send your photos of 12-sided £1 and guess what 'secret' security feature is
- Prisoner rehabilitation charity wins social enterprise award