Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- MP Paul Burstow's dog to compete in Westminster Dog of the Year
- PICTURES: Crowds enjoy glorious sunshine at Nonsuch Park’s awareness day
- Reduction in waste and lorries as new incinerator plans approved
- Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with two burglaries
- Former teacher to stand trial on charges of making paedophilic photographs