Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- Man found not guilty of murdering Tooting pensioner, but trial continues
- Cowboy gardener who scammed vulnerable victims ordered to pay nearly £100,000 compensation
- RESULT! You can now stop cold calls to your mobile with a simple text message
- Man who led police on a car chase across Sutton jailed
- Three arrested following drug raids on three homes this morning