Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- Severe weather warning issued for London
- Scheme to tackle toxic air pollution to be rolled out in Sutton and Croydon
- Sutton pupils run one mile a day to improve concentration
- 'It's just your worst nightmare': Daughter of Morden couple killed in Tunisia terror attack pays tribute to parents
- Speeding laws are changing - and the punishments are about to get tougher