Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- Dialysis manager 'Dodgy Hodgy' and fraudster friends sentenced for scamming hospital trust out of hundreds of thousands of pounds
- Southern launch appeal against High Court decision to refuse it preventing drivers' strikes
- Sadiq Khan accuses ministers of 'abandoning' Southern Rail passengers
- Jailed: Burglars who stole expensive cars and motorbikes across south London and Surrey
- New update means Uber can now track you until five minutes AFTER your ride is finished