Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- Fire fighters come out in force for training exercise at Sutton Hospital
- Lawn and order: Picnickers fight back at moves to block use of public gardens
- Sutton man charged with House of Commons outburst after marbles were thrown toward MPs
- Primary school headteacher paid more than £200,000 a year
- Vicar charged with sex and child cruelty offences after investigation into 'spanking'