Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- Cheam songstress set to perform alongside Christina Perri
- Manhole fire outside St Helier Hospital forces road closures
- NHS workers out on strike again over 'fair pay'
- 15-year-old girl missing from Morden
- Students aim to have health app created as part of national competition