Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- Trial of alleged Carshalton sexual predator adjourned
- BIGGER THAN BREXIT: 11 other huge calls to reconsider if there's an EU referendum do-over
- Southern ranked worst rail company for passenger satisfaction
- Workers given written warnings for arriving late after using Southern trains, MPs claim
- Hopefuls for Carshalton Central by-election outline cases before polls