Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- London Victoria services delayed due to earlier broken down train
- Borrow, fix and mend during Waste Less Live More Week
- Disappearance of "very intelligent" Ewell family man completely out of character, says friend
- Poll results: Our readers back Scotland No vote
- Sisters to take on night walk in memory of their brother diagnosed days before a half-marathon