Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- Tributes ahead of funeral of Wallington cricketer shot dead in Caribbean
- UPDATED: Vauxhall fire continues to cause travel chaos across south London
- Leader of Sutton Council apologises for sending mock eviction notices to thousands of people
- Man to appear in court charged with exposing himself and racially abusing a police officer
- Superheroes heading to Sutton for inclusive theatre show