Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- Train strike back ON - dates set for two Network Rail walkouts after pay offer rejected
- Entity Allstars dancer from Worcester Park gets ready for Britain’s Got Talent final
- Girls’ high schools set to merge
- Payback for Traingate: Epsom and St Helier "renegotiating" contract with Deloitte consultants after "super-hospital" leak
- Archeological dig for new primary school cancelled by traveller incursion