Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- Southern Rail strike: Fresh walkout announced for next month
- 'We have to remember who they were and what they have lost': Family of Morden couple killed in Tunisia terrorist attack release statement as inquest ends
- Southern owners apologises to passengers as profits slump
- Tunisia beach attack victims were unlawfully killed, coroner rules
- Tougher penalties for drivers using mobile phones when behind the wheel to come into effect