Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- Man who raped 5-year-old Sutton girl jailed for 13 years
- Former Wallington pupil proposed to girlfriend after completing London Marathon
- You've bin warned: This man fears a spate of arson attacks due to Sutton's rubbish collection chaos
- School alert sent to parents after girl was approached by man in Wallington
- New database to 'name and shame' dodgy landlords