Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- Blind charity worker condemns Hackbridge crossing and says he is 'too scared' to go there
- Hackbridge safety report recommends 'minor' adjustments
- Primary school pupils paint tiles for huge artwork
- MPS helicopter hovers over Sutton in drug search
- Man hospitalised in drag race collision