Emergency services attended a car crash in Cheam Common Road this morning.
A blue Peugeot crashed into a wall at around 6.30am.
The fire brigade and police were called but the man was unhurt and had managed to get out of the car by the time they arrived.
A spokesman for Sutton fire station said: "There weren't any other cars involved. It looked like he just lost it somehow."
Traffic was held up while the car was moved from the road and the scene was made safe.
- 'Irreplaceable' sculptures stolen from museum exhibition commemorating Battle of the Somme
- 'Can I have a Big Mac?' – London Fire Brigade reveals top 10 weirdest 999 calls
- Southern Rail cancel trains because of 'graffiti'
- Judge's secret ruling on Ellie Butler murder should be made public, appeals court rules
- Police launch appeal to find 20-year-old man who disappeared without his medication