A fire broke out in an Italian restaurant last night.
Firefighters were called to Toscana restaurant in Brighton Road to a blaze that broke out in a waste paper bin at 10.30pm.
Video by Magda Kida
The crew from Sutton fire station were on the scene quickly enough to stop the fire causing significant damage to the building but they did have to break the doors down to gain entry.
- ‘Here you have got misfits, people from all walks of life’ – thriller Alleycats delves into London’s underground world of bike racing
- Fears rise over NHS plans to cut services across London and the country
- BANK HOLIDAY WEATHER: Heatwave continues in London and south-east
- Children 'too afraid to go outside' after 4x4 ploughs through fence and lands inches away from house
- Fate of Sutton theatres set to become clear as administrators set deadline for buyers