A fire broke out in an Italian restaurant last night.
Firefighters were called to Toscana restaurant in Brighton Road to a blaze that broke out in a waste paper bin at 10.30pm.
Video by Magda Kida
The crew from Sutton fire station were on the scene quickly enough to stop the fire causing significant damage to the building but they did have to break the doors down to gain entry.
- Man locked up for 'cowardly' knife attack pleads with judge not to jail him over fears of being radicalised behind bars
- Users of 'wonderful' disability charity devastated by closure
- Hundreds protest 'government inaction' over 'shambolic' Southern Rail service
- Recycle, reuse and repair: free autumn events aimed at reducing landfill waste coming to a town centre near you
- Rating system for lorries to protect cyclists could lead to thousands of HGVs banned from London